Author Topic: Slow painful death  (Read 381 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Slow painful death
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »
The forum seems to be dying a slow death, regular names don't appear to have even logged on never mind posted a comment....come on everyone, post something....comments, photos, queries, etc. Lets keep it going as the best source of up to date information on Plakias

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Slow painful death
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 03:16:18 AM »
Would love to contribute but have been living in Australia for the last 7 years. No direct flights from Sydney :-) Pete

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:04:29 AM »
Couldn't do a long weekend with a stopover in Athens then

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
I suspect trip advisor and Facebook etc are taking over.

Anyway my comments from this last week.  Weather was strange for a few days and cooler than normal I think.  Beaches quiet.  Still a lot of familiar faces from years ago - both locals and tourists.

Bit of development going on here and there, but nothing drastic.

Still same old Plakias.

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
Good......12 days to go, then at Kostas for 21 nights this year

Offline Noggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
Unfortunately, we're not coming to Plakias in September this year as my Norwegians want to try something else. I've arranged 11 days in Stavros then 10 days in Plaka in the north. I will be hiring a car, though, to spend at least 1 day in Plakias. Would love to read about other peoples visit to Plakias.

Off topic:
I'm currently in Almyrida, where I decamp to every spring to escape the awful climate in Norway. It's been a lot cooler this year with lots of wind.
What I have noticed over the last few years is the amount of new hotels, apartments and luxury villas that have been built. What used to be beautiful green hills are now mostly concrete. On my hikes I notice that almost all the villas stand empty. A shame. And the small coastal town has become overcrowded with tourists. The small beaches are just a mass of bodies.
Was talking to an internet engineer a few days ago and he said they're having a huge problem trying to deal with all the extra internet requirements as the infrastructure is so out of date they can't handle the extra load being asked for.
The view from my balcony across the bay is still wonderful, however.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 04:57:46 AM »
I had noticed this also - perhaps due in part at least to the predominantly German visitor since the decline of reasonable choice and (any) service from tour ?

Offline micklfc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »
Hi its Mick & Linda from Liverpool

Looking forward to Plakias this year our 15th in a row usual two weeks flying from Manchester for 2 weeks staying at the Alianthos for the first time cant wait.
Looking forward to meeting up with many familiar faces  and spending time with Angelos at Costas's, Joe at Joes bar, Pavlos at Kyma not to mention Mikey at Cozy's not forgetting the wonderful owners of Apollo I suspect not much has changed since last year.
Meeting up with Nick & Mary from Bristol as usual looking forward to catching up with them