login

Author Topic: Staying in Plakias in September 2008  (Read 7051 times)

Offline capybara

• View Profile
Staying in Plakias in September 2008
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »
   Hello all I am new here and must say what a great site this is. My wife and I are travelling to Plakias for the first time in September of this year.

We are regular travellers to Greece and have been travelling all over for about 20 years, this will be our first time back for 16 years and Crete was our first ever Greek destination.

We tried to book with Olympic Holidays and found all the rooms were booked and after reading here that Kosmar have pulled out of the resort we can understand why.

We managed to book direct with Manolis who owns the Artemis Studios and any information on these would be appreciated.
We would also like to know how much we can expect to pay for a taxi down to the resort from Heraklion airport.

Budget flights are now operating to Heraklion out of Leeds Bradford airport with Jet 2 .com and start in May of this year for anyone who is interested. £390.00 return for two Pax not bad.

I will sign off for now but will pop back soon.
Regards Mark

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:57:07 PM »
Hi capybara

Welcome to the site.

I don't know anything about Artemis Studios and there's nothing on the 'Article System' (top right of page) about them but I'm sure one of us will help you out.

If you go into the 'article system' and look for taxis there's some numbers and addresses there who will give you a qoute. It's going to be around 70-80 euros.

Anything you can't find in the 'article system' by all means get back to us we're only too pleased to help!

george g...

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi capybara

Welcome to the site.

I don't know anything about Artemis Studios and there's nothing on the 'Article System' (top right of page) about them but I'm sure one of us will help you out.

If you go into the 'article system' and look for taxis there's some numbers and addresses there who will give you a qoute. It's going to be around 70-80 euros.

Anything you can't find in the 'article system' by all means get back to us we're only too pleased to help!

george g...

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
Thanks George I will take a look, may even consider hiring a car!

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
Hi Capybara,

The taxi fare from heraklion takes around 90mins. Contact Zach Zourbakis who runs a very reliable service and I believe that this years rates are around 80 euros each way.

Details: Zacharias Zourbakis - Local Plakias Taxi - 0030-2832-031910
email: zakzourbakis@hotmail.com
or www.plakias-taxi.com

As for the Artemis-I wouldn't know about this accommodation, however the chances of making a bad choice in Plakias is much slimmer than in most resorts.

Steve

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »
Quote from: Steve Jones
Hi Capybara,

The taxi fare from heraklion takes around 90mins. Contact Zach Zourbakis who runs a very reliable service and I believe that this years rates are around 80 euros each way.

Details: Zacharias Zourbakis - Local Plakias Taxi - 0030-2832-031910
email: zakzourbakis@hotmail.com
or www.plakias-taxi.com

As for the Artemis-I wouldn't know about this accommodation, however the chances of making a bad choice in Plakias is much slimmer than in most resorts.

Steve

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:20:35 PM »
what a Quick response I am impressed , Thanks a lot for all the info. Regards Mark

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
Quote from: Steve Jones

Steve
I tried putting Artemis Studios through the 'search', Mark, there really isn't much in there to get excited about.

But as Steve said you will be unlucky to find really bad accommodation in Plakias, but keep in mind you get what you pay for!

george g...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:50:58 PM by George »

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »
Quote from: capybara
  Hello all I am new here and must say what a great site this is. My wife and I are travelling to Plakias for the first time in September of this year.

Welcome to the site.

It may be worth detailing your dates and time of travel, with more people going independantly this year, someone may want to share a taxi.
Sadly we will be back home when you arrive.

Peter&Dawn

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
Quote from: Peter&Dawn

Welcome to the site.

It may be worth detailing your dates and time of travel, with more people going independantly this year, someone may want to share a taxi.
Sadly we will be back home when you arrive.

Peter&Dawn

We are travelling out on the 16th September with Jet 2 from Leeds Bradford our flight is LS 443 and is due to land at 23.40 local time, so if anyone wants to share a taxi who may be on this flight, they are welcome and thanks for the idea!

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 10:43:26 AM »

Looking on the Interkriti.net site, the Artemis looks to be a bit to the east of the village and uphill. If you want to spend your days on the beach and evenings in the village you will be doing a lot of uphill and down dale walking. If this doesn't appeal, a hire can from the airport might be a good idea.

Our Ali (of Ali & Dave) could probably sort that out if you send her a private message.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
But as Steve said you will be unlucky to find really bad accommodation in Plakias, but keep in mind you get what you pay for!

george g...
Hello Capybara,

I wouldn't entirely agree with the second part of this. Price has a bearing but so do other things. I would rather follow the recommendation of someone who had been there and had similar tastes to me. I often find that price is not a reliable guide in many things. This equally applies to tavernas in Plakias and other parts of Greece.

From being a forum member for several years I have noticed that Stella studios has many devoted followers, one of whom is sure to tell you about them.

Mike
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:49:35 PM by Mike G »

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »
Quote from: Mike G

george g...

Hello Capybara,

I wouldn't entirely agree with the second part of this. Price has a bearing but so do other things. I would rather follow the recommendation of someone who had been there and had similar tastes to me. I often find that price is not a reliable guide in many things. This equally applies to tavernas in Plakias and other parts of Greece.

From being a forum member for several years I have noticed that Stella studios has many devoted followers, one of whom is sure to tell you about them.

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for your post, I agree with you recommendations are always better, we have booked independantly and so are taking a chance on what we will get, but the studios look good and we know from experience that they can be quite basic in Greece. Link to studios we booked here:-  http://www.interkriti.net/hotel/plakias/artemis/index.html

Offline capybara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Looking on the Interkriti.net site, the Artemis looks to be a bit to the east of the village and uphill. If you want to spend your days on the beach and evenings in the village you will be doing a lot of uphill and down dale walking. If this doesn't appeal, a hire can from the airport might be a good idea.

Our Ali (of Ali & Dave) could probably sort that out if you send her a private message.
Thanks for this reply, we realise that the Artemis studios may be an uphill walk from the town but it will give us an opportunity to sweat out all the Raki after our meal!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:18:14 PM by capybara »

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »
Hi All

Gary and I stayed at the Artemis about four years ago now and the accommodation is very good. Two things I didn't like 1. no sea view from the ground floor. 2. The walk back at night.  The owner gave us freshly laid eggs for breakfast some days which was a bonus. If you want to know anything more specific, let me know.

Susan