Author Topic: General  (Read 5627 times)

Offline granville54

• View Profile
General
« on: May 24, 2005, 09:44:09 PM »
Just returned from Plakias, stayed at the Lamon Hotel, Andromachi (Maggie to you & me) was fantastic.  So pleasant & helpful, I've never met a hotel manager so friendly, she certainly helped make our holiday enjoyable.  Also the guys at Sophia's Restaurant by the harbour were wonderful, very helpful, don't want to call them waiters, friends is a better word.  Did ask about Ostraco (John) who started this site but appears he has not been for a while & is very much missed.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
General
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 09:57:35 PM »
Just returned from Plakias, stayed at the Lamon Hotel, Andromachi (Maggie to you & me) was fantastic.  So pleasant & helpful, I've never met a hotel manager so friendly, she certainly helped make our holiday enjoyable.  Also the guys at Sophia's Restaurant by the harbour were wonderful, very helpful, don't want to call them waiters, friends is a better word.  Did ask about Ostraco (John) who started this site but appears he has not been for a while & is very much missed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
pleased you enjoyed yourself,we will be there our selves in 13 days 14 hours, regards Alex G
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
General
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 10:58:12 PM »
Yes, I wondered before about ostraco´s abscence which lasts for several month now... Hope you´re fine?! His last words in has last posting were "I´ll be looking somewhere else"
Just a few days ago when I couldn´t reach the board  [due to an technical breakdown on my side as I later found out] I thought that John had turned down the lights. Though I can´t believe that he would leave "his" site for ever [there might be things even more important and/ or pleasant than Plakias ...] I wonder if it would go on without his helping hands [and coins] eternally...

Best wishes to you

shinaria

Are there any periodical backups of the board which may allow to restore this precious collection in a worst case scenario   ?

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
General
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 08:45:09 AM »
Yes, I wondered before about ostraco´s abscence which lasts for several month now... Hope you´re fine?! His last words in has last posting were "I´ll be looking somewhere else"

I have just heard from John and he is fine. Has had a lot to deal with recently but hopes to visit the forums soon.
Oh and don't forget his last words were qualified by if Plakias turns into another Malia.

Just a few days ago when I couldn´t reach the board  [due to an technical breakdown on my side as I later found out] I thought that John had turned down the lights. Though I can´t believe that he would leave "his" site for ever [there might be things even more important and/ or pleasant than Plakias ...] I wonder if it would go on without his helping hands [and coins] eternally...

Worry not, I help John out with the Admin duties on the board... its not going to disappear.

Are there any periodical backups of the board which may allow to restore this precious collection in a worst case scenario   ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes I create backups every now and then, will look at some automated solution.

Cheers,

Paul
(hurries off to create a backup   )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 11:49:36 AM by Ploppy »

Offline granville54

• View Profile
General
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:29:31 PM »
Just returned from Plakias, stayed at the Lamon Hotel, Andromachi (Maggie to you & me) was fantastic.  So pleasant & helpful, I've never met a hotel manager so friendly, she certainly helped make our holiday enjoyable.  Also the guys at Sophia's Restaurant by the harbour were wonderful, very helpful, don't want to call them waiters, friends is a better word.  Did ask about Ostraco (John) who started this site but appears he has not been for a while & is very much missed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
pleased you enjoyed yourself,we will be there our selves in 13 days 14 hours, regards Alex G
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I understand that the "train" will be running by then, unfortunately it was not when we were there, I wanted to see Mirthios, so the locals said 'only 20 mins walk through the olive groves' !!  Took me one & half hours & I thought I was going to have a heart attack !!!! (lol) Took an hour to get back down !! Shows you how unfit I am, however, it was worth it, for the village and the views are so fantastic.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
General
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 10:54:19 AM »
I understand that the "train" will be running by then,
It's running now.

Mike

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:01:24 PM »
It's running now.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this "train" run to Damnoni beach by any chance?

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 06:13:56 AM »
It's running now.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this "train" run to Damnoni beach by any chance?

Noopsy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It certainly does - last year it was 3 Euro one way. 5 Euro return.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 09:47:34 AM »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, it was last month, although I can't remember whether Damnoni was a day  trip or an evening one.

Mike

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, it was last month, although I can't remember whether Damnoni was a day  trip or an evening one.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you.

If I decide to go to Microamoudi/Amoudaki I will investigate further.  (Well if it beats walking for 30 mins....    )

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 02:43:47 PM »
It would be useful to have up to date information on the train .When I was last in plakias in 2003 ,it only did long distance trips on about three or four days a week and the other days , it did a series of shuttle services to Damnoni and sudha beach .But on the long distance days , you could still use the train to get to and from damnoni , though only one trip a day , because the train picked up and dropped off at damnoni en route and they were happy to take people just going to damnini - but the times on the return journey varied and could be unreliable if the trip had got delayed - indeed it could sometimes run early .I think there was also an evening service mainly for the benefit of people sdtaying at damnoni so they could come into Plakias or to Myrrthios for the evening .
roger

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 01:04:10 PM »
It would be useful to have up to date information on the train .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Maybe someone about to leave for Plakias, or someone reading this whilst there, could bring back one of the leaflets that they are giving out in order to post information on the 2005 trips.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
General
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 01:23:11 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
george g...