Author Topic: My 1st time  (Read 2385 times)

libman

My 1st time
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:37:38 PM »
Only 112 days till my first visit to Plakias.  I hope it is as nice as everyone says it is.  What is the weather like around that time of year (October)?  I hope it's not too bad (can't be much worse than it is in the UK at that time if year).  I've not been abroad for 8 years so hope it is nice.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
My 1st time
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:03:47 PM »
We have been going for the 1st two weeks in October for the past 7 years (28 sept this time) and have found the weather to be ok. Sometimes a bit of rain - never enough to spoil a holiday, plenty warm enough (Hot but not silly hot). Perfect from our perspective.

John R

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
My 1st time
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 09:09:33 PM »
We prefer to go in May or in September/October because the weather is still very good and not too hot.

For those who do not know what "very good" means in Plakias : this is summertime in Britain... and warmer.

The only difference is that it can be quite cool in the evening and that it is dark very early and that darkness falls very fast.

Anyone visiting Plakias will have seen the mountains surrounding the bay and will also have seen the Kotsifou ravine.

When all is well the weather is perfect.

Once clouds try to come through the ravine the weather can change suddenly and the winds of Crete rule Plakias.

You will not sleep all night (thinking there is an earthquake), when going outside you (depending on your body weight), and the dustbins and the chairs and tables on your balcony will all be blown down the street, and when on the beach you will be sandblasted and the sand will get in all nooks and crannies.

A few hours later (or if unlucky a few days) the weather will clear up and you will think that it was all a bad dream.

This is why we keep on coming back... nature at its best!