Author Topic: Car Hire Companies  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Pritch

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Car Hire Companies
« on: August 27, 2003, 09:40:31 AM »
All,
I know there has been a number of questions about car hire companies dotted throughout this site, but just though I'd share my recent experience.
We have friends that live in Iraklion who normally have contacts that get a car sorted for me, but their contacts were all elswhere on the island so had to go it alone.
I booked a car through the Interkriti link on this site through a Co called City Cars - www.citycars.gr, who were also some way the cheapest deal I found.
Everything was confirmed on email, and they didn't want any money up front, pay it at the airport, and yes they would prefer cash.
Admit a certain amount of trepidation, will they turn up, will the car be ok etc etc.
Anyway, George was waiting for us at the airport, and was a bit worried, because 'my' car was not ready, so he had to give me a Jeep for the one night, but he would deliver my other car the next day at whatever time I wanted.
The next morning at 0900 (which is what we agreed on) a virtually new, Hyundai Atos with a/c (not originally ordered) was delivered outside our friends appartment. Impressed...yep. Had no probs with car, we did over 500k over the 12 days, and George picked it up from the appt on Sunday as agreed.
He does airport pickups and drop offs, so I would highly reccomend them to anyone thinking of wanting to hire a car.
We paid Euro300 for 12 days, everything included, all insurances everything, and the car was great.
Hope this helps,

Pritch

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Car Hire Companies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 10:31:37 AM »
For 2-16 September, we've got an Opel Corsa a/c or Hyundai Atos a/c from airport to airport, 14 days for Euro365.  It was booked and paid for last January through Anso Travel and the cost includes 5% discount for early payment.
John Page