login

Author Topic: Ouranos Apartments  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Sasha

• View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« on: June 11, 2007, 02:29:59 PM »
Hi everybody!

We are coming to Plakias end of September and planning to stay at Ouranos.
Has anyone stayed at Ouranos recently? Is it suitable for a big family with 3 little kids?
I would appreciate some recommendations (and pictures, hopefully).

Thank you,

Sasha.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »
Quote from: Sasha
Hi everybody!

We are coming to Plakias end of September and planning to stay at Ouranos.
Has anyone stayed at Ouranos recently? Is it suitable for a big family with 3 little kids?
I would appreciate some recommendations (and pictures, hopefully).

Thank you,

Sasha.

Hi Sasha
The only Ouranos that I know of is in Aghia Triada. I can't say I know of one in Plakias.  
If there is one I'm sure that someone will tell you all about it.

george g...

Just had a look in the book and there is an Ouranos Apartments, but I can't say that I recognise it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:34:15 PM by George »

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
George, Isn't this down the road from Ali and Daves shop?
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »
I thought if anywhere it might be on the road where they've built all the new blocks, just a bit further on from Nicos, behind the campsite. I walked up there last year and there are a few posh little hotels and apts up there.

george g...

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »
Quote from: George
I thought if anywhere it might be on the road where they've built all the new blocks, just a bit further on from Nicos, behind the campsite. I walked up there last year and there are a few posh little hotels and apts up there.

george g...

No - they are quite close to town not far from the secret tavern. I saw them when I went to see the aretousa apartments (Kosmar) with a friend who was staying there . I'm sure they were on the same road. I was taken to them especially to see the name plate because my friend had the same warped sense of humour as I have.The name (naughty me) amused me and I took a photo of their name plate. It is fairly close to town, modern and look to be more than ok. Ali will know exactly where they are.

Have a look at http://www.flute.toucansurf.com/Plakias/ouranos.JPG

John R
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 06:23:05 PM by John R »

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »
they are actually on the same road as ali and daves, they are directly opposite the little side road that leads to the Kosta Chrysolla. some friends of ours got moved into them when they complained about their KC room this May

they very quite big, standard kitchette. the one i looked at had a double bed and a bed settee. there is also a large balcony as well, very nicely furnished and decorated
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:48:06 PM by harribobs »

Offline Denis and Chris

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »
Quote from: John R

george g...

No - they are quite close to town not far from the secret tavern. I saw them when I went to see the aretousa apartments (Kosmar) with a friend who was staying there . I'm sure they were on the same road. I was taken to them especially to see the name plate because my friend had the same warped sense of humour as I have.The name (naughty me) amused me and I took a photo of their name plate. It is fairly close to town, modern and look to be more than ok. Ali will know exactly where they are.

Have a look at http://www.flute.toucansurf.com/Plakias/ouranos.JPG

John R

Thanks John you say the nicest things. Glad I showed you the way!!

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 08:18:37 AM »
Another one for the map, if someone wants to do the honours.

I hope Sasha is reading all this, we've made the effort as always, unfortunately it's one of those places that is not that well known.

george g...

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 09:05:10 AM »
We lived in the Ouranos for three weeks in 2003 and it was very nice also it was just a little bit "under construction" then.
I would recommend the rooms we had then [on the right side above the entry] as they are the biggest and have a second balcony at the "parents' bedroom with a view  to the sea. In 2003 the basement was empty, but there was something in there last year [ I forgot what it was...] There are two "fold-up-beds" or sofas in the "living-room" which may fit with the needs of your three children...

Have a good time

shinaria

Offline Sasha

• View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:31 AM »
Many thanks for all your comments/recommendations.
It sounds the place is really nice and those of you who had stayed there did enjoyed it.

I new I could rely on Plakias regulars for a good advice.  

Do you think it will be possible to use K&C pool?

Sasha.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
It sounds the place is really nice and those of you who had stayed there did enjoyed it.

Sasha.

I think if you buy a drink in the bar of anywhere in Plakias with a pool your welcome to use the facilities.  

george g...

Offline Sasha

• View Profile
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:14 AM »

Sasha.

I think if you buy a drink in the bar of anywhere in Plakias with a pool your welcome to use the facilities.  

george g...

Thanks, George.

I can't wait till the moment I set my foot on Plakias soil again.

Greeting,

Sasha.

Offline musicman

• View Profile
    • http://
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »
Well we have now booked into a two roomed apartment as suggested previously for our holiday next August.

My only concern is that though it has been confirmed, there has been no request for a deposit, which I find peculier.

Will be interesting to stay in these apartments, as I have no idea exactly where they are, though we stayed close to them earlier in the year.

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 11:40:40 PM »
Well it appears Kostas Chrysoulos use Ouranos as an overflow now that Zorbas is no more - so whether they are all in the family I don't know.  However on the KC thread someone else has just commented that KC didn't ask for a deposit either and neither did Stella's!

How nice - there is still somewhere that people trust one another.  Very refreshing - just hope no-one starts mis-treating it - I hasten to add, I don't mean anyone on here - I mean literally, anyone.

Believe Ouranos is very close to KC - can't remember now if someone said they are on the right of the narrow street you go up to KC (which you would turn left into) or whether they are on the right, up the top of Ali & Dave Street.
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Ouranos Apartments
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
on the right of the street, passing ali and daves place (on your left) opposite the little road leading into the KC

great apartments  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:52:26 PM by harribobs »