login

Author Topic: Does anyone know  (Read 4847 times)

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Does anyone know
« on: September 02, 2007, 01:08:35 AM »
what the name of the place (hotel or apartments) is, on the map to the left of Stella's, with the triangular-shaped swimming pool?  It's not identified on the map and I can't say I've identified it from any of the usual 'Crete accomodation' sites.

Looks jolly nice on the map??????
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
Does anyone know
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:40:58 AM »
Quote from: jenny
what the name of the place (hotel or apartments) is, on the map to the left of Stella's, with the triangular-shaped swimming pool?  It's not identified on the map and I can't say I've identified it from any of the usual 'Crete accomodation' sites.

Hi Jenny, I think its called "Castello" that is the one alongside Stella. Regards  Alex.
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Does anyone know
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:49:57 AM »
Quote from: Alex&fran G

Hi Jenny, I think its called "Castello" that is the one alongside Stella. Regards  Alex.

Yes - that will to be the one. Seems to be occupied exclusively by German tourists - mainly families. It is owned by Stella's Brother in law.

John R

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Does anyone know
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:45:03 PM »
Hi all, I was under the impression that the pool was part of the hotel Myrtis wich is just past the stella. I remember staying there once and using the pool.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Does anyone know
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
Quote from: Barny
Hi all, I was under the impression that the pool was part of the hotel Myrtis wich is just past the stella. I remember staying there once and using the pool.   Barny.

HAHA!!!

I entirely agree with you, Barny!

I have been trawling and look what I found

www.portoplakias.gr

The Porto Plakias which looks absolutely sumptuous, the Myrtis which doesn't show the rooms, dunno why, looks OK from the outside, and the Kri-Kri taverna.  So we know where the M and the KK are - so where's the PP?  Certainly the PP looks good for anyone wanting a bit more comfort, I personally am put off the A Gardens because it's half-board and put off the A Beach because someone said on here the beds are not very comfortable.  The forum does get requests for upmarket accomodation from time to time and we can't tell them very much as we all usually use the budget variety, lets be honest!

So do tell me, Barny - what was your experience of the Myrtis?
Jenny

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Does anyone know
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »
The Porto Plakias which looks absolutely sumptuous, the Myrtis which doesn't show the rooms, dunno why, looks OK from the outside, and the Kri-Kri taverna.  So we know where the M and the KK are - so where's the PP?

The Porto Plakias is that great big new monster of a hotel at the back of town. Just carry on walking past Myrtis (from Stella) and you get to the PP hotel. Seems to be full of Czechs (In sept / Oct anyway).

John R
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:41:07 PM by John R »

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Does anyone know
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »
The Porto Plakias is that great big new monster of a hotel at the back of town. Just carry on walking past Myrtis (from Stella) and you get to the PP hotel. Seems to be full of Czechs (In sept / Oct anyway).

Ta, John - that would be why someone said Kri-Kri was always full of Czechs, then.  Obviously all 3 in the same ownership.  ooo-errr, I do hope it won't become an enclave.  Whilst personally I would like a few more 'nice' shops in Plak I do realise such establishments need the influx of the spending public to support them - not just 'browsers' like me - and I'm therefore on balance perfectly happy to do without them, thanks!
Jenny

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Does anyone know
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 01:03:53 PM »
This is the view over the PP, from the road up to the Kastro.

Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Does anyone know
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »
I sent an email asking for their tariff, and I honestly don't think it sounds too bad at all, given the advertised comforts - here you go:-

Thank you for your e-mail. I herewith send you our prices from 2007. The
prices are per double room per night, including breakfast and aircondition.

Hotel Porto Plakias:
Low season: 01/04/07-12/05/07 and 15/10/07-31/10/07: 53,- euro
middle season: 13/05/07-14/07/07 and 15/09/07-14/10/07: 63,- euro
high season: 15/07/07-14/09/07: 74,- euro

Hotel Myrtis:
Low season: 01/04/07-12/05/07 and 15/10/07-31/10/07: 32,- euro
middle season: 13/05/07-14/07/07 and 15/09/07-14/10/07: 39,- euro
high season: 15/07/07-14/09/07: 48,- euro

We do not have appartments, family rooms or studios.

Kind regards,
Ina Hoogeveen / Porto Plakias

Dunno if they've got fridges or what; may make it my business to investigate whilst we are there in October.  I don't really regard lack of a kitchenette an obstacle to be truthful, it is on a B & B basis anyway and I don't know about everyone else, but we've got a travel kettle that's almost as well travelled as we are - and millions of adapters!  We always take our own coffee and/or Tbags wherever.  If there aren't glasses you either borrow a couple from the bar for the duration or buy a couple, ditto mugs although we've decided to start taking our own now as we have a complete cupboard shelf full of 2-off's we have purchased on holiday and we won't be very bothered if any of 'em get broken!

And hands up anyone who actually really does lunch or dinner IN?
Jenny