Author Topic: Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios  (Read 74681 times)

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
I thought payment on the last day of your stay at a hotel was the norm anywhere (unless your stay was part of a pre-paid package).

At Stella's they will ask for and hang on to your passport when you arrive - presumably this is only if they don't know you already.

I thought the same as Noopsy. In many years of travelling to Greece I haven't usually booked in advance but I sometimes have done and I can only recall being asked for a deposit once - I then had the difficulty of working out how to pay it and ended up sending a 20 euro note in the post. Usually they will ask for your passport and keep it until you pay on the last day, although they often don't even do that if you have stayed there before.

Greecemad

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »
Quote from: Greecemad
Quote from: Noopsy 500
I thought payment on the last day of your stay at a hotel was the norm anywhere (unless your stay was part of a pre-paid package).

At Stella's they will ask for and hang on to your passport when you arrive - presumably this is only if they don't know you already.

I thought the same as Noopsy. In many years of travelling to Greece I haven't usually booked in advance but I sometimes have done and I can only recall being asked for a deposit once - I then had the difficulty of working out how to pay it and ended up sending a 20 euro note in the post. Usually they will ask for your passport and keep it until you pay on the last day, although they often don't even do that if you have stayed there before.

Greecemad
I'm getting the impression that it depends on the establishment. I checked into Flisvos this year, told Eleni on the desk that she had a room for me, and asked me if I would like her to show me to the room, which she did. We got to the room opened the door, and I said this is OK, and she left.
I could have been anyone, she didn't check my passport for the name and didn't ask for any money up front and I paid Maria two days before I left.
I love these people and try to treat them as they treat me, with trust, honesty and warmth, let's hope everyone else does the same!

george g...

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2007, 11:19:38 AM »
They didn't know me and didn't ask for my passport!! And as I said earlier , a bloke on his own?
It suits me though!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »
Quote from: Barny
They didn't know me and didn't ask for my passport!! And as I said earlier , a bloke on his own?
It suits me though!

Barny.

I was on my own too.  So why I was treated differently?  Maybe it was my dodgy Greek...
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Mandy Harrison

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 08:21:01 PM »
Chris and I have been very disappointed with Costa Chrysoulla this year.  In May we had a broken bathroom window about 5 days into the holiday - it never got fixed.  This September one of the glass doors leading onto the balcony was cracked horizontally in two and held together with a nail driven into the beading.  Highly dangerous especially when one considers I could have fallen into the door at any time after too much raki!  That coupled with too many dodgy toilet seats and rubbish in the flower beds, poor supply of catering equipment, lights bulbs that dont work etc - both times this year we had to ask for a kettle and a bowl for breakfast cereal - its not quite the same eating cereal off a plate : .  It all might sound a bit petty - thing is I dont mind basic and simple but I rather feel a bit more comfort might be in order.  Also this September I had to complain about the fact they only gave me clean towels once in the first week - it should be 3 times.  We have stayed at KC loads of times and I wont say we wont ever stay there again but for a few euros more going independent looks like a better bet. I refuse to tell you where we are looking at - I dont want you all beating me to it  .

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »
You know it makes sense Mandy, hopefully I'll have you as a neighbour next year as long as you don't go falling through any glass doors  .

george g...

Mandy Harrison

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »
Quote from: George
You know it makes sense Mandy, hopefully I'll have you as a neighbour next year as long as you don't go falling through any glass doors  .

george g...

Why Georgie - where are you staying?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
Quote from: George

george g...

Why Georgie - where are you staying?
That's much too easy a question, check out the 'article system' or 'reporting in' and it might give you a clue.  

georgie g...

Mandy Harrison

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »
that's me told

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »
I haven't booked yet, but the clues are there!!

george g...

Offline Mike Woodward

• AOL Instant Messenger - Mike & Jen
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2007, 01:00:27 PM »
Quote from: LesleyAnn
Hi there

I'm thinking of going to Plakias in May and really like the look of the Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios. Can anyone tell me a lil more about them? I'm confused about the number of units as different brochures give me different figures!

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi

My wife and I have just returned from Kostas-Chrysoulla (2-16/10/07) and we had the worst accommodation ever. The water was literally scalding and we were constantly in danger of it when showering or washing, as well as the risk of burning on the pipes and taps. The shower basin was mouldy and had been for a long time, the hairdryer was illegally wired into the back of the socket, toilet leaked and cistern was faulty, I could go on but suffice to say that the block we were in is in drastic need of renovation. Plakias itself however was beautiful and the naturist beach very accessible and the best and most used section of the beach.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
Quote from: Mike Woodward
Hi

My wife and I have just returned from Kostas-Chrysoulla (2-16/10/07) and we had the worst accommodation ever. The water was literally scalding and we were constantly in danger of it when showering or washing, as well as the risk of burning on the pipes and taps. The shower basin was mouldy and had been for a long time, the hairdryer was illegally wired into the back of the socket, toilet leaked and cistern was faulty, I could go on but suffice to say that the block we were in is in drastic need of renovation. Plakias itself however was beautiful and the naturist beach very accessible and the best and most used section of the beach.

Mike
KC don't seem to be getting a lot of good press this year, but glad you enjoyed Plakias and the beach Mike  .

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2007, 03:25:37 PM »
 hi mike!  sounds like you had the same room as us

we won't be going back there again

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
hi mike!  sounds like you had the same room as us

we won't be going back there again
It's got to be bad then, I think you've been there every year haven't you Chris, and you've had your gripes in the past, so what broke the camel's back then?

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2007, 04:55:35 PM »
we've had some half decent rooms, the best being Zorbas ( now the Notus Bar) but every room since then has been worse

in may we had a broken window for 2 weeks, this september one of the big panes in the balcony doors was cracked straight across only held in with a nail left from the broken beading

as Mike says "The shower basin was mouldy and had been for a long time, the hairdryer was illegally wired into the back of the socket, toilet leaked and cistern was faulty" broken shower fittings, missing kitchen items (bowls cups kettle)

they need to invest some money into the rooms and get them up to a decent standard, to be honest i'm surprised Olympic haven't taken them to task

rant over  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:56:11 PM by harribobs »