Author Topic: April in P(aris)lakias Youtube  (Read 5476 times)

Offline returner

• View Profile
    • Email
April in P(aris)lakias Youtube
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »
Plakias version of "On Any Sunday"

When the wind blows in from Libya there's always something to do!

For all of you who love Plakias!
I love the place out of season as well and was thrilled to take these videos. The world is great now that I have a iMovie and my Kodak Playsports, more to follow...

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
Super!  Bring them on.
John Page

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »
Quote from: returner

I love the place out of season as well and was thrilled to take these videos. The world is great now that I have a iMovie and my Kodak Playsports, more to follow...

Great videos. Classic rally cars in Plakias - what aturn up.

Offline returner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:03:27 AM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Quote from: returner

Great videos. Classic rally cars in Plakias - what aturn up.

How lovely to see the village in April, just warming up to the new season. It was special. I don't know if you are on facebook but the rally group is on there and is worth a look. There have been so many comments from people enjoying that stage of the rally. Plakias is really Brigadoon as 'I KNOW A GREAT PLACE' . com says.
The interiors of the sea facing exteriors have gone all white and seafaring this year. Corali has some lovely hanging lamps... Despite all I think it's going to be a good season. Going back to basics is the motto, for all of us!

Offline Regulars since 1992

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »
As a motorsport and motoring journalist some of those cars caught my eye - not the normal fare you see along the front in Plakias. I'd love to hire that 911 for our annual return to Stella's in September, but doubt it's either available or, if it is, that I could afford it. I can think of at least one decidedly uphill, narrow and winding road though to the west of Plakias where you could have some real fun in a rear wheel drive 911.

Ah well, no doubt we'll have to settle for a Yaris or something similar again this year unless we win the lottery........

Offline returner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »
Quote from: G&S
As a motorsport and motoring journalist some of those cars caught my eye - not the normal fare you see along the front in Plakias. I'd love to hire that 911 for our annual return to Stella's in September, but doubt it's either available or, if it is, that I could afford it. I can think of at least one decidedly uphill, narrow and winding road though to the west of Plakias where you could have some real fun in a rear wheel drive 911.

Ah well, no doubt we'll have to settle for a Yaris or something similar again this year unless we win the lottery........
[attachment=735:n1030446...83Silvio.jpg] This is my favourite set of bends to motorbike through above Frangokastello!  It was used for an car advert.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »
That's just the road I had in mind.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »
Memory tells me it's the new Kallikratis Gorge road which we first drove up and down back in 2008. We did likewise last year too, although the roadside infill sections which had materialised since the year before made it far less challenging. Still good fun though and the views are magnificent.

Offline returner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »
[attachment=739:My_Next_car.JPG]
Memory tells me it's the new Kallikratis Gorge road which we first drove up and down back in 2008. We did likewise last year too, although the roadside infill sections which had materialised since the year before made it far less challenging. Still good fun though and the views are magnificent.
I am attaching a photo but don't know if it will work as I have had to shrink it down to 23k. This is the car that I'd like to tour with. Beautiful Triumph. Note the empty pier in the background. Hope they bring back a couple of fishing boats, it looks so bare without them.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »
A beautiful car in a beautiful setting. I would love to undertake a road trip down to Crete and back one day, but the economics compared to flying just don't add up. It wouldn't be in a motorhome either, but something sporty, like my TT maybe. Sue and I are looking forward to our return to Plakias/Stella's in September (been most years since our first visit in the early '90s), but at least we do have another foreign road trip to make before then, having been commissioned by a couple of mags to head across mainland Europe this August in an MX-5 to be provided by the Mazda press office as part of the iconic car's 20th anniversary celebrations. We'll end up at Spa for the Belgian GP on the way back, but I don't think they'd be too happy if I took it all the way down to Crete! Now that would be a trip and a half in a little soft top two seater, not dissimilar to the Triumph.

Offline returner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
A beautiful car in a beautiful setting. I would love to undertake a road trip down to Crete and back one day, but the economics compared to flying just don't add up. It wouldn't be in a motorhome either, but something sporty, like my TT maybe. Sue and I are looking forward to our return to Plakias/Stella's in September (been most years since our first visit in the early '90s), but at least we do have another foreign road trip to make before then, having been commissioned by a couple of mags to head across mainland Europe this August in an MX-5 to be provided by the Mazda press office as part of the iconic car's 20th anniversary celebrations. We'll end up at Spa for the Belgian GP on the way back, but I don't think they'd be too happy if I took it all the way down to Crete! Now that would be a trip and a half in a little soft top two seater, not dissimilar to the Triumph.
What a lovely job! Have taken the motorbike to and fro from London through a variety of routes, happy to share with you if you decide one day. My partner was able to get back home this April despite volcanic ash as he was on bike. Sadly  I had to stay on for some time... I did look at the website 'seat 61' to journey by train but like you said the economics didnt  stack up, unless of course you look on it as an extension of your holiday. (I quite like the route through Vienna, then bucharest to Thessaloniki, down to Athens and then the wonderful ANEK.