login

Author Topic: Flight or Flight ?  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »
Hello all, I just looked on the Olympic site for a flight only, next July. They can do a flight for me on a Monarch for £359. I then looked on the Monarch site and the same flight is £10 cheaper but you have to pay it all at once. In view of all that is going on at the moment could anyone advise as to the safer bet? And I know it's Monday ! but.....

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
Quote from: Barny
Hello all, I just looked on the Olympic site for a flight only, next July. They can do a flight for me on a Monarch for £359. I then looked on the Monarch site and the same flight is £10 cheaper but you have to pay it all at once. In view of all that is going on at the moment could anyone advise as to the safer bet? And I know it's Monday ! but.....

Barny.

have you tried flythomascook.com?

I've managed to get Glasgow Heraklion next June for £300.  More than I'm used to paying but by far the best I could find (from Glasgow anyway).

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

Barny.
Hi Barny

I don't know where your departing from mate, but agree with Ian S, flythomascook.com.

I got quoted £305 Gatwick to Chania, Sept 01, good flight time too 06.40am.

I'm still looking and hoping that the prices will fall a bit more before I rush into anything, but I'm not holding my breath!

george g...

Offline fenman

• View Profile
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »
[

I don't know where your departing from mate, but agree with Ian S, flythomascook.com.

I'm still looking and hoping that the prices will fall a bit more before I rush into anything, but I'm not holding my breath!

george g...
[/quote]

Monarch(avro) are quoting £266 for a 10.00am 1/9/09 15 day round trip

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
I think that it's because I go in August and from Birmingham maybe?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
I think that it's because I go in August and from Birmingham maybe?

Barny.

Morning Barny

A friend of mine gave me her flight details this morning, it's still 'flythomascook.com', but...

Check this one out:

http://book.flythomascook.com/skylights/cg...n/skylights.cgi

george g...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
Quote from: George

george g...

Hi George,

The Thomas Cook Chania flights are actually Monarch Airways. You can book those through the Monarch website, where the prices seem lower by £20 to 40. The booking is actually made through Avro, who have an ATOL licence.

Mike

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »

george g...

Hi George,

The Thomas Cook Chania flights are actually Monarch Airways. You can book those through the Monarch website, where the prices seem lower by £20 to 40. The booking is actually made through Avro, who have an ATOL licence.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

george g...

Hi George,

Mike
Your dead right Mike, I'm already on it!! The flights into Heraklion though are TC.

george g...

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:03 PM »
As to compare the prices in Germany and England:

Yesterday I booked our flights to Crete for the next year in May.
We paid 348 € for each person including all taxes (and 20 kg for each person) from Leipzig to Heraklion with very nice flight times.
We will leave Germany at 6.20 a.m. to Heraklion and 2 weeks later we will leave Crete at 6.30 p.m. with AirBerlin.
I my opinion these are increased prices.
Now we are looking forward to our next holiday in Plakias. It is an aim!

colin_1972

Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:16:09 AM »

Barny.

Hi, looked into this after xl debarcle this summer and if booked through agent it seems a bit safer... just always check that travel is covered by ABTA and ATOL as they insure cost. Flight only a bit tricky but if through an agent it's usually covered. Olympic site bookings are covered but check the small print!! C
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:16:58 AM by colin_1972 »

alan

Flight or Flight ?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »
I have been keping an eye on Olympic website for sign of carrier to replace XL, From Glasgow since last October and was always promised"start of January".
That replacement carrier has now arrived but last flight out is 14th July, we go in September.
I have now booked Flight from Thomas Cook and will arrange accom and transfer separately.
Incidentally I have been on the same Olympic/first choice flight for 16 years and it has never been less than full.