Author Topic: Manolia  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Thoma

• View Profile
Manolia
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:57:50 PM »
Hello to everybody!!!!!

first i want to say that i am from Germany and i am tourist in Manolia since 8 years and every year about 15th of Octomber am there.

Normaly i dont like to write in forums but i found this forum before some days and i read all this bad things about Manolia and the owner and thats why i deside to wrote to this forum.  

Now i want to say my opinion about for all this they wrote about Manolia.

First i dont understand why so much attack about Manolia from some people they know Manolia apartments just for few weeks but me i know it better because i come every year since 8 years i think this means something!!!

I want to say to the people in forum who they attack to Manolia that this apartments every year becomes better and better and the most importan thing is to try with the easy way, with one email after you go from Manolia to the owner and say to him what he has to correct the mistakes and become better and better for the next time and not to attack him like that in the forum and to say to the people that they dont have to go to Manolia is very bad i think this is not a solution because nobody perfect and even if you go to the big hotels for sure is not perfect there, because every people is diffrent for this they want.

So if you say to the owner this problems you have for sure he correct it because i know him very good since years and he try to do the best for the apartment and for the guest and i believe that is unfair when you say all this for him.

Now i want to say about the travel office you have to be carefull when they say about the apartments because they want to sale the apartments and for this they say many things to sale and for sure the last people is fault is the owners.

I finish now this post i want to say that the owner is nice and very helpfull and for sure
is nice place to go and for sure the owner he correct all the things is not go good.

So byeeeeeeeeee and sorry for my english!!!

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:07:58 PM »
Well said!
John Page

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 01:11:12 PM »
So byeeeeeeeeee and sorry for my english!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3793\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Don't worry about your English, Thoma, we all understood you perfectly.

On a point of information on the subject of the Manolia Apartments, there was only one correspondent who gave negative feedback. The others either had been there and thought the apartments were OK, or others, like myself, who haven't been there and thought the negative comments were unreasonable.

Still, all opinions are welcome on this forum I think.

Mike

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 12:51:11 PM »
Still, all opinions are welcome on this forum I think.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Viva free speech!    

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Thoma

• View Profile
Manolia
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:45:31 PM »
Unreasonable eh  

Let me restate as it seems there is some misunderstanding.
Our first night on arrival, NO HOT or WARM WATER, none the the next morning either at what we considered to be a reasonable time ie aprox 9am, so as we started our first day a bit later than normal i managed to speak nicely to the person who called himself the owner , who told us when we first arrived that he did'nt get up till around 10am (young chap in mid twenties) He said the water should've been hot and that he'd put electric on that morning and each morning thereafter. So far you understand yes ? So far that seems reasonable yes ?
Next morning still no hot water !!  nor any other morning.
If .....one is to accept that hotwater in morning at Manolia is not the norm then why on earth did owner not say so eh ?
Instead of which he lied and then seemed unavailable for rest of week  
As for rubbish ...had there been clear instructions as to its disposal and when, then this could've been better understood.
Dont understand you for being so much on the side of people who make no effort to make guests holiday a pleasure to stay, our holiday is a 2 week period in 50 weeks, its saved hard for, and worked hard for !!

Perhaps we were spoilt in that our first week we stayed at Anthos Apts for 4 days where hot water was plentiful Morning and Evening, cleaner came each day to do basic clean and remove rubbish, and rooms were spotlessly clean (unlike Manolia)...and AC was included in price, not conned as an add on  
Now these apartments we would go back to anytime  
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3813\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Hi to everybody!!!

Yes we understand you, now about if the owner say to you that he open the electric in every morning this i dont believe because i know the owner very good and he dont say lies to the people and why it should when he knows that he makes problems, so you can say anything you want because is not the owner in this forum to support in his opinion too, maybe you misunderstanding something.

So about the waste and cleaning every apartments they have diffrent cleaning system and this is from the travel office and is about the contract they have and i know very good because in the first year i am in Manolia i`ve been there by travel office and you dont know what contract they have for this things and about a/c is not the same everywhere this you have to understand that if you want to know how the things go,
every travel office he dont give the same money to every apartment and some things is icluding in the price and some not and normaly this you clear it when you go to the travel office for every apartment.

So in the end if you say that you have 2 weeks holidays in 50 weeks like the most people in the world this mean that you have to clear from the start all the things with the travel office before you go for holidays to have perfect holidays exactly this you want, and this is a tip for you because i said in my first post i say that the travel office they do everything to sale!!!

Thank you byeeee

Offline Thoma

• View Profile
Manolia
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:19:05 AM »
I have thought of staying there myself but haven't as yet. When you get back it would be really useful if could tell us all about the studios and if they may be worth considering.

As you see, i was kindly asked in another thread to post my views on my return home, you have to respect that these are not only my views but also that of my family. You cannot argue that what i experienced is a lie, since you were not there...I was.  I was asked to tell if the apts were worth considering and i have given an honest answer in relation to my stay, no one elses, but mine.
Its so simple really, we come home, we say to friends this one was good and this one in OUR opinion is not.  You dont like my views and opinion, tough ! It was the truth as we saw it. I'm glad to hear your experience was better.  

And that really is my last word  
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3815\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course i respect your views and your family, and  of course you have to respect my opinion too, anyway we have free speech in this forum or what?

I want to say that you misunderstanding or maybe my english is not so good i dont say that your experienced is a lie i say only for one point that maybe you misunderstanding the owner what he say to you about that he open for you the electric every morning and you say that the owner he say lies to you.

Anyway finally i want to say somehing if you have so much problems with Manolia and the owner and you will see that the first days the owner he dont do this he say lies to you and you dont have this you want, why you dont call the office and say to them that you dont like the apartments Manolia and to change to another apartment in Plakias.

So have a nice sunday to all of you!!!

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 10:51:34 AM »
Guys,

I think I am speaking on behalf of all members when I say enough is enough. If you would like to continue fighting then I suggest you use the private messaging function and leave us all to discuss more pleasant topics about Plakias which is the reason this forum exists.

Susan

Offline Cecile

• View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 05:42:53 PM »
Guys,

I think I am speaking on behalf of all members when I say enough is enough. If you would like to continue fighting then I suggest you use the private messaging function and leave us all to discuss more pleasant topics about Plakias which is the reason this forum exists.

Susan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3819\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline Cecile

• View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »
Guys,

Susan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3820\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kalispera to all!    

This is my first post, and I have already confused the site by sending just a heart icon thru`!!   Sorry, will try to do better this time.

As a frequent visitor to Plakias (well, once a year for about 16 years) I am sad to see such bickering about this beautiful and spiritual place.  I agree with Susan that enough is enough, but I would just like to say that perhaps(?) Graeme may prefer a hotel environment where he may (?) find more facilities to his liking.  After all, we all want different things on holiday.  

I would just like to tell of an experience I had involving rubbish!   There are different systems for each apartment - some take your rubbish away and some don`t.  I realised quite soon that I was responsible for putting my rubbish in the orange bin just up the road.   Had I not done this I would have missed a cultural and very moving experience, as on the way back I passed the church where a funeral was about to start.  The road was crowded with local people and thankfully I had a large scarf around my shoulders, so I decided to at a distance join the ceremony (outside the church).   I felt privileged to be there and interested in the Greek Orthodox ways of behaving.   Never has putting the rubbish out been such a fascinating and memorable experience.

I have only ever encountered great kindness from Plakias people and indeed all other Greeks.  In fact their generosity is overwhelming at times.  May I boldly suggest to all who may worry about hot water, rubbish collection, etc that there may be more fascinating experiences on which to concentrate.

On that note I wish all who are in Plakias or who are about to depart for this magical place, a wonderful stay.

Love from
Cecile

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 01:26:30 PM »
Guys,

Susan
For once I don't agree with you Susan. This is just the sort of discussion that the Forum should be about. The positive and the negative. Also, quite a few people have contributed, so exchanging personal messages wouldn't be appropriate.

The exchanges have been civil. Graeme has expressed an opinion, as he is quite entitled to. Others have expressed contrary views. Ditto for them.
With the "View New Posts" facility it is easy to see which topics interest you and you can avoid those which don't.

Let's continue to hear all non-abusive comments. The more opinions we have re. accommodations, tavernas, etc, the better so I fully support Paul's (Ploppy's) recent appeal for more in the "Reviews/FAQ" section.

Mike

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 02:00:32 PM »
[/quote]
This is just the sort of discussion that the Forum should be about. The positive and the negative. Also, quite a few people have contributed, so exchanging personal messages wouldn't be appropriate.

The exchanges have been civil.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3823\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

I agree that discussion should be encouraged and I'm certainly not trying to stop it, however,  the last couple of posts felt a little chilly shall we say and seemed to be going somewhere they shouldn't. I have seen it on other forums where things can get out of hand and just don't want that to happen here. After all, we are a very friendly bunch.  

Susan
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 02:02:21 PM by Susan K »

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
Manolia
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »
I suggest:

1. Thoma and we stay at Manolia and that Graeme stays at Anthos

2. We all go down to the beach and cool of in the sea (when it is not too windy)

3. Buy and eat a donut from the cheerfull donutman (perhaps cinnamon..)

4. Have a warm or cold shower

5. and have a meal at Castro's when the sun sets......

what do you think ?