Author Topic: FAQ Content  (Read 13463 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:45:30 PM »
Please put Articles and/or contents here.

Thanks,

Paul

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:14:34 PM »
Please put Articles and/or contents here.

Thanks,

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3194\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Brilliant work Ploppy :-

Stella Pension

John R

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:37:24 AM »
good stuff

how about the plakias bay hotel for the list

and i think i read in another post the peligramnos has changed it's name to plakias beach (i can confirm this next month)

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 01:22:22 PM »
Dora and Kostas Chysoulla. I think it is important to have ratings (say, out of 10) for accommodation, tavernas, difficulty of walks, etc.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 01:27:01 PM »
good stuff

how about the plakias bay hotel for the list

and i think i read in another post the peligramnos has changed it's name to plakias beach (i can confirm this next month)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3199\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Harribobs
That was me I was checking out the Plakias Beach that sheenah asked about and the pictures on the website she mentioned definately showed the Peligremnos.
Would be interested to know if they have changed the name! or that there is a mistake on that website.
george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:22:20 PM »
Dora and Kostas Chysoulla. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

both those are on the list Mike

Would be interested to know if they have changed the name! or that there is a mistake on that website.

thats our lunchtime spot when we're in town so it will be a pleasure sir!  

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 08:31:21 AM »
Stella Appts - Simple family run accommodation. No bar. Simple but adequate breakfast - orange juice, bread, jam, boiled egg, cheese, coffee or tea. Good, quiet position but up a short incline. Clean and friendly. Frequented by many regulars to Plakias. Rooms have a fridge.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:01:20 AM »
Dora Apartments

on west side of town, turn right just before Ostraco bar, up hill past supermarket and turn left at 'Secret Nest' taverna. 5 minutes walk from main road/beach

Basic 2 star apartments with basic cooking facilities (rings only) and fridge. Clean and well maintained, (IIRC) towels and bedding changed regular. Friendly owners but with very little english. Small reception room with paperbacks and leaflets (hardly used by residents) No bar, no pool ( but may have use of another accomodations pool) Standard balconies either looking south or east ( view of sea obscured by other buildings)

Hot water was in short supply until owners cajoled into turning on electric water heater (may not be a problem in high season)

rated 8/10
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 03:32:39 PM by harribobs »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 01:59:15 PM »
Stella Appts - Simple family run accommodation. No bar. Simple but adequate breakfast - orange juice, bread, jam, boiled egg, cheese, coffee or tea. Good, quiet position but up a short incline. Clean and friendly. Frequented by many regulars to Plakias. Rooms have a fridge.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Strictly speaking this is Stella Pension. There is a Stella apartments up towards Mirthios direction. There is actually a small bar but rarely, if ever  frequented by anyone. Certainly my favourite accommodation to date. Rooms also now have air conditiong and a free safe.

John R

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 03:29:04 PM »
Well spotted John. I hope Ploppy will correct errors like that. I would hate to think that someone would book the wrong place - Mirthios is a lovely place but I wouldn't want to have to walk back up to it at the end of a long evening  
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 03:29:22 PM by Graham_and_Karen »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 03:37:03 PM »
Well spotted John. I hope Ploppy will correct errors like that. I would hate to think that someone would book the wrong place - Mirthios is a lovely place but I wouldn't want to have to walk back up to it at the end of a long evening 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3225\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think I noticed that and have put your description against Stella Pension. Is that right, hell I'm confused now  

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 04:20:18 PM »
Yes - perfectly correct. I just knew I would include an error in my first FAQ contribution. I can see that you could be kept busy if others include factual errors in their contributions. If it were possible to give specific people edit rights for just part of the forum then you could recruit a happy band of volunteers to monitor areas of the FAQ section that they were particularly knowledgeable.

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 04:47:40 PM »
Yes - perfectly correct. I just knew I would include an error in my first FAQ contribution. I can see that you could be kept busy if others include factual errors in their contributions. If it were possible to give specific people edit rights for just part of the forum then you could recruit a happy band of volunteers to monitor areas of the FAQ section that they were particularly knowledgeable.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3227\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Unfortunately it is not that simple. The articles have to be added in the Admin Control Panel which only Admins have access to and includes access to every aspect of the message board. The person who actually coded this add-on is looking at changing it so that article can be added through where you actually view them in the forum.
So for the moment I am happy to add/edit articles.

Don't forget that you can add your own review (comments) and this can be done before I add real content. For example later I will add harribobs comments and rating about Dora as an actual 'Comment' to the Dora 'Article' Plus I can take some factual stuff and put in the description.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »
Hope that makes sense.

i think that makes perfect sense and will stop the actual FAQs getting filled up with our ravings    and if we do cock up a review, you'll be able to amend it rather than extra postings

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 05:31:14 PM »
Hi, how about adding Antonis taverna?
I have been using this place for lunch every year since  i started going, i have a photo i can send and a  good write up on the food/drink there.

Also there is good old Kyma, I have photos of (who dosent)

So what do i do next?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?