Author Topic: Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry  (Read 3495 times)

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry
« on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
more from Ekathimerini

Ferry accident

A passenger ferry carrying 608 people was damaged as it tried to dock in Iraklion harbor, Crete, the Merchant Marine Ministry said. None of the passengers aboard were hurt. The Lato was prevented from sailing back to Piraeus until the small crack in the hull of the ship was repaired.  

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
more from Ekathimerini

Ferry accident

A passenger ferry carrying 608 people was damaged as it tried to dock in Iraklion harbor, Crete, the Merchant Marine Ministry said. None of the passengers aboard were hurt. The Lato was prevented from sailing back to Piraeus until the small crack in the hull of the ship was repaired.  

Mmmm, but doesn't quite compare to the one at Paros about 10 years ago when the crew were watching a football game on TV and the un-conned ferry hit a rock and sank.      :'(    

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
Unconned?  The crew weren't expecting the ferry to turn into a submarine were they?  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
Mmmm, but doesn't quite compare to the one at Paros about 10 years ago when the crew were watching a football game on TV and the un-conned ferry hit a rock and sank.      :'(    

Mike,

I didn't think it was as long as 10 years ago, so I looked it up - it was the Express Samina and it was on 26 September 2000. I remember the reports of it well as I know the area - Antiparos is an island I have visited many times.

Greecemad

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Piraeus-Heraklion Ferry
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »
Quote from: Greecemad
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Mike,

I didn't think it was as long as 10 years ago, so I looked it up - it was the Express Samina and it was on 26 September 2000. I remember the reports of it well as I know the area - Antiparos is an island I have visited many times.

Greecemad

Thanks for the correction. At my age I normally reckon something happened last year, then find out it was ten years ago.

Mike