Author Topic: Car hire for 2012  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Mij Welch

• View Profile
Car hire for 2012
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
Morning folks.
Although a newbie to this forum, we have been coming to Plakias on and off since 1990. 
For the last few years we have stayed in Plakias, but then hired a car for a few days, to get out and about. 
Can anyone confirm that there are still a few car-hire companies in Plakias itself - and if they are likely to still be open in October?  An idea of price for 7 or 10 days would also be handy.
Many thanks.

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
Re: Car hire for 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
Hi there...can confirm that there are car rentals available in Oct.  I usually use Monza...about 27euro/day. But it is far more cost effective to pick up a rental car at the airport and drive down to Plakias...last year in Oct about £12.00/day and you save either time lost on crappy Olympic transfers or hanging around in bus stations at Rethymnon. I usually use Travel Zoo or similar to get best price on rental at airport

Offline Hugo V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Good morning,
We have been using The Best Car for the last couple of years and have always found them reliable and giving very good prices.  Their website is www.car-hire-crete.com.  We pay 266 euros this coming October for a Fiat Panda for 15 days.  Pick up at Heraklion Airport and drop off at Chania.  Good luck.

Offline Mij Welch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
Many thanks for your comments - the up-to-date info is very useful, and I hope others find it so too.  I'll check the web sites suggested.
Looking forward to October already ! :)