login

Author Topic: General review  (Read 2788 times)

Offline susieb

• View Profile
    • Email
General review
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
We were back in Plakias late September/early October - can't remember how many times we have been there now but it is in double figures!

The weather was absolutely fantastic for the whole of our two week stay.

Many thanks to Georgia, Maria and all the staff at the Paligremnos for once again making our stay so memorable.

With regard to our favourite restaurant, Sirocco, sadly Maria and Stavros are no longer there.  We were told that Stavros had suffered heart problems and had decided to hand over  the running of the restaurant to a relative. Apparently Babis is now fully ordained as a monk and is very happy. We wish them all well.

A new eating place for us this year was Antoni's  - it's on the road to Plakias Bay. Great food and service. The setting very reminicent of the 'old' Plakis tavernas.

We were very pleased to find that our long time friend Eleni is still very much in charge of the Cookie shop/bakery close to Ostraco.

Despite all the development and changes over the years Plakis remains a favourite holiday destination and we look forward to returning again soon.

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: General review
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it. I was in Plakias for 15 days from 8th October and also enjoyed fabulous weather. Like you, I feel that Plakias is just the best place.
I would like to use this forum to thank the guy who had the concession for the far end and Marianna at Amoudaki for maintaining both beaches to such a high standard this year. Apart from some problems with overcrowding neither, in my opinion, has ever been better.
Looking forward to next year already.

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
Re: General review
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
Due to family problems, we didn't manage to leave before Tues 23 Oct. & returned Th. 6th Nov. (Easyjet, Manchester /heraklion). Used a rental car for 4/5 days respectively in Paeleohora, Plakias and Ayia Galini. All three resorts were great, although there are subtle differences in attitudes, beaches and menus...makes life more interesting!
The best food was in Paeleohora, the most genuine Cretan cooking was at Aponoema, Plakias, but the largest portions were Omar, Ag. Galini.
The weather was great, the sea warm, but perhaps we were lucky.
As the season was finishing life was reminiscent of ten green bottles..every day something or someone else closed or disappeared, but my overall conclusion is that with the current economy in mind, more could stay open. Crete in November is great...if you can get a flight!