Author Topic: Vegetarian Food?  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vegetarian Food?
« on: August 18, 2003, 04:28:34 AM »
Not a problem for me but Karen doesn't eat meat. When we visit Plakias in Sept. we will probably do our usual thing of studying the menu of just about every eating establishment in the town but if anyone can recommend places that are particularly good for veggie food it would be good to know. Last year in Crete we discovered Briam - it would be good to try it again.

Offline alisos

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - alison_1966@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Vegetarian Food?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 07:57:02 PM »
If you ask the owner most tavernas have some form of vegetarian food ( unless your a vegan or have specific requirements).  Many greeks only eat meat and fish several times a week rather than every day so they do have a wide range of vegetarian dishes. Often the stuffed tomatoes are veggie and you can always make up your main meal from the starters, fried courgettes,aubergines and peppers. Gigantes, fasolada and a variety of salads also make an enjoyable meals,especially with platefuls of chips.  Then theres mushrooms a la grec, saganaki and ask about the 'horta' which is seasonal green vegetables.  

I've got to go now cos i'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vegetarian Food?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 04:08:22 AM »
From other posts, it sounds like there are plenty of good restaurants in Plakias - one week to go now. Still working in Quebec with a very un mediterranean diet - can't wait to get stuck into the Greek Salads and just about everything with olive oil!