Author Topic: busy in end May / start June?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline happyashellas

• View Profile
busy in end May / start June?
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
Managed to grab an extra bargain holiday for the end of May till the 10th of June. We normally go in October as our last bit of sun before battening down the hatches as it were. We're booked for October but couldn't resist the bargain price we saw for next month. Is the resort busy at this time of year, and is the weather similar to October in that it will be fine for walking around all day if required?
Είναι Ελλάδα έτσι δεν είναι

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: busy in end May / start June?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:01 PM »
Well done you- that's a bargain. Cheaper than I paid in 2012 and this year for a similar time!! Some people have all the luck. (Can't afford to wait around for a bargain like that tho' - just in case there isn't one and I wouldn't want to miss out altogether).

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
Well done you- that's a bargain. Cheaper than I paid in 2012 and this year for a similar time!! Some people have all the luck. (Can't afford to wait around for a bargain like that tho' - just in case there isn't one and I wouldn't want to miss out altogether).
My sentiments entirely!

I don't find the climate in mid May differs significantly from end Sept/early Oct. Sometimes great but not guaranteed to be. Both walking and beach will be enjoyable. The main difference will be that the resort will be much quieter in spring than autumn, for reasons I have never fully understood. One reason is the recent influx of people coming from eastern Europe, whose season definitely starts later than ours, but it is far from being the whole reason.

Many will be envious that you are going twice!

Mike

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »
Another factor is that the sea temperature in Autumn is considerably higher than Spring.
John - Ostraco