Author Topic: 2012 Season  (Read 15326 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
2012 Season
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
Anyone else booked for next year yet?
We booked with Olympic last July for 2 weeks at Kostas next June at £392 a head, It would have been rude not to at that price  

Offline kosh218

• MSN Messenger - kosh218@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
2012 Season
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
Quote from: Colin & Sandra
Anyone else booked for next year yet?
We booked with Olympic last July for 2 weeks at Kostas next June at £392 a head, It would have been rude not to at that price  
Hi,
Yes we have booked for next year also with olympic, staying at Dora £385 first two weeks in September.
It would also have been rude for us not to book. .
Will have to do with bottled Mythos for now from the supermarket.

Not sure were to place this request (I'm a newbie) but I am trying to find the emails of Jon Haddock (Captain Haddock) from Birmingham and also Alan Houston from Glasgow (the nice Rangers and Chelsea fan).
They are regulars to Plakias every September but sadly I have lost thier email addresses.
I would be very grateful if anyone reading this can email kosh218@hotmail.com if they have the two guys email addresses.
My apol's to the site for posting my address (if it is required).

Enjoy Plakias. the only place to be.

Kevin

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
2012 Season
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
I booked back in August and after 2 years of going in Sept/Oct I'm reverting to May when it is quieter. Mousses, Lysseos, and Medusa were all full every night I think.

On the trip I have just returned from the place was very crowded and English is very much a minority language IMHO among the tourists. Eastern Europeans much in evidence.

The new development by Palegremnos seems finished (for now?) and seemed virtually deserted. I was wrong in thinking it would "do a Damnoni" to the far end I am glad to say.

Sat noon (8/10) until late Monday was probably the worst spell of weather I have seen in Plakias with mountainous seas and I ate in Mousses in a torrential downpour going on outside 3 evenings in a row.

Mike

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Re: 2012 Season
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
We have also now decided to return in 2012 - Mid September / early October as always. We are independent travellers who always stay at Stella (where else !!). This year with a difference though. I discovered that booking a package holiday via our airport (Newcastle) was cheaper than booking flights plus taxi transfer. They use the same daylight jet2.com flights as well which we enjoyed so much this year. Normally we hire a car for the transfers and have it available during the whole of our stay but rarely use it more than about 6 days in the two weeks. So we will also save money by hiring a car as needed if at all in Plakias for a much shorter period. We will also have the advantages of abta cover etc. We don't mind long transfers in daylight. Not using our package rooms but paying to stay at Stella is certainly an endorsement of that establishment.

Offline kosh218

• MSN Messenger - kosh218@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
Interesting comments.
Have not tried independant but have had a quick look. Also listened to some of the folks who we meet when in Plakias.
Should olympic pull out as many others have then we need site tour person to tells us lazy people how to do it...LOL
I did try to book may but it was booked up for were we wanted to stay. First two weeks seems to be the best for us and the winds have dropped by then although it has rained twice for a short time. Not bad in 6 years.
Hope everyone already booked has a great time. Enjoy.

Kevin

Offline syd1138

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
just booked for 2 weeks in June, 2nd visit to Plakias, first visit was last year and couldn't wait to get back :-D

registered just to say ta very much to the forum for all the useful advice i've received by lurking around, i also put together a video of my holiday snaps of last year if anyone wants a quick fix,
- see if you can guess what excursions i went on ;-)

it's over 10 mins long so I don't mind if you fast forward!

cheers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:50:06 AM by Ploppy »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:54:01 AM »

registered just to say ta very much to the forum for all the useful advice i've received by lurking around

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the video, never get sick of looking at Plakias :-)

I only edited the post to fix up the YouTube link
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:58:52 AM by Ploppy »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
just booked for 2 weeks in June, 2nd visit to Plakias, first visit was last year and couldn't wait to get back :-D

That was a wonderful well presented set of photos. You certainly caught the flavour of the place very well indeed on your first visit.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Brilliant! Makes me want to be there now instead of being here in the rain!!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
Wonderful set of photos that reminds me of why I love the area so much. Thanks

Tony ;)
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »
Great photos. It will be my first visit to Plakias next year. We are staying with Olympic Holidays at The Irida the last week in Sept and first week in October. Also got a great deal using their double discount £647.14p for the 2 of us!!! It s still a long time to wait but i'll be logging on quite reguarly now - when I need my greek fix.
Best wishes Nora  :)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »
Excellant set of pics syd1138, and so well put together. I've had a couple of years off from Plakias but I'm determined that next year will see my return. Your post helped bring back so many memories. Welcome to the forum BTW!!
george...

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
Hi.
WE will be there last week in June first in July. can not wait. WE stayed away last year, and missed it bad.
Hope they sorted out the beach and the far end. is there any news on the return of Freddy?
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »
Hi everyone,
Fredy is not working on the beach anymore. (had an email from Emma confirming it)  :( :(
He can still be found working in Vrisi restaurant, and of course at the Livicon after he has finished work.

We hope everyone planning to go to Plakias in 2012 will have a great time, unfortunately we will not be there again, as we are emigrating 'down under'.

Plakias holds a very special place in our hearts, and its George we must thank for that.
We will be back, don't know when, but our heart felt thanks to all our friends in Plakias who have made our stays over the years so enjoyable. (To Ali, Dave, Emma, Fredy, Dionysis & Georgia goes our special thanks, and appreciation for their friendship)

To everyone we met at the Forum dinners, please raise a glass (or 2) to absent friends in 2012.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous 2012.  :)

Peter&Dawn

P.S. We will still keep an eye on the forum, so we can still feel part of the community.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
Are we taking Drachmas next year?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?