login

Author Topic: Place in the Sun  (Read 4388 times)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
The amazingly attractive   Amanda Lamb   is back tomorrow night 29.03.07 with a Place in the Sun on Channel 4 and it's in Crete  .

Any guesses whereabouts?

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
i never realised she was the girl from the scottish widows advert

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:39:23 PM »
kriti in your ears ...
as you own a pc with a pair of loudspeakers you might like to add this to your favourites:

http://www.radiokriti.gr

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »
It was great to see the family on 'A Place in the Sun' finding the place they wanted although it was far removed from their original idea of an old stone house. I wonder though, whether they will still feel they've made the right choice when all the apartments are full and it's noisier and less relaxing.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:21:29 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
i never realised she was the girl from the scottish widows advert

Anyway there was no surprises there was there. Almarida Plaka and Platinas, I was up there a couple of years ago, and it's like Barratts gone berserk  .
If you read the Cretan Gazette, Yannis Samatas is not over keen with all this development either.

Shame they couldn't have found something a little more authentic, still the tight white trousers made up for the disappointment  

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »
Quote from: George
still the tight white trousers made up for the disappointment  

george g...

taking a chance there George!!  i swear i heard the sound of handbags being snapped shut

*takes cover himself*

seriously though we stayed at a house in the north for a couple of nights that a Cretan friend of ours has built, there were just four, with no other new houses in sight, on the edge of an olive grove ( this was near maleme)

the house was a joy to behold, bathroom utility room and two bedrooms downstairs, open plan lounge and kitchen upstairs with big balconies on both sides to catch the morning or evening sun. it really opened our eyes to what you could get for your money without living cheek by jowl with the benidorm set

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place in the Sun
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »
I've been watching this prog for years, not only because of the obvious but for the properties abroad especially Greece as we were seriously thinking of doing it. In the good old days one could afford to buy two, one to live in and one to rent.

I agree the properties are spectacular and the interiors are quite palatial, but I think we've had this conversation before who wants to live on an estate? The place you stayed at sounds just perfect, lets hope it stays like it.

As Amanda   said, authentic properties are very few and far between and difficult to find, but I did like the older property with the arches, it had great (I hate this word) 'potential'.

george g...