login

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Plakias / Re: book about Plakias
« Last post by mickydripping on October 28, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »
Just returned from Plakias, tried to buy a copy"Plakias in the past" but everywhere the same story..."Sorry, sold out, don't know when there will be available again". So if anyone has a spare or unwanted copy, I am interested in buying it. Thanks
Where to stay / Re: Off season?
« Last post by ostraco on October 26, 2017, 06:44:28 PM »
Let us know how you get on Roger. It's certainly something I'd think about doing again.
« Last post by Rodger on October 26, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
Thanks for that, I'll look into it.
Gossip / Re: Real time weather statistics
« Last post by Singley on October 25, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
I was not aware of this website at all. Amazingly presented information. Great find, thanks for sharing Kalloni.
« Last post by ostraco on October 22, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
Three of us went out in November a few years ago. We all agreed it was well worth the effort.
We travelled Heathrow to Athens with BA, then got an internal flight to Heraklion. A very smooth trip, not too expensive, and a very interesting stop-over in Athens. We picked up a hire car at the airport, which we used most days to explore the area. It really is fantastic off-season.
We stayed at Kostas - arranged in advance by email. Other places are available these days to I think. I hope another board member might be able to offer suggestions.
Although quiet, we managed to eat and shop with no problem. Sifis stays open, and was quite busy some nights. I believe more places are open these days.
Ostraco (downstairs) was open, and very warm on the chilly evenings.
It was great to see the bay without sunbeds - and it was still warm by day. I swam most days, the sea was warm, if a little choppy sometimes.
I would say - give it a try!
Plakias / Re: Far end beach
« Last post by Barny on October 22, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
Yes, it still is.
Plakias / Re: Far end beach
« Last post by Rodger on October 22, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »
In my day the far end was a clothes-optional hangout, is that still the case?
Where to stay / Off season?
« Last post by Rodger on October 22, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
So I've heard of people visiting Plak during the winter - what are the options (if any) for accommodation, eating, getting there, in say December?
Plakias / Re: Back again
« Last post by Ploppy on October 16, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »
The Kafenion has been called many things over the years as different people run it.
I have always found it to be excellent.

Just back from a 2-week trip and we visited Xezonis 3 times with friends. We opted to do 'Greek Tapas', i.e share a load of starters which were always excellent.
It is made even better by the friendly staff including Michalis and Tania.
Holiday Companies / Re: Transfer from Plakias to Heraklion
« Last post by Noopsy on October 12, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »
Or, of course, you could go by public transport: very cheap, and not as bad as you think. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10