Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Plakias / Re: Olive oil on tables
« Last post by Stick of Rock on December 27, 2017, 06:24:08 PM »
TA?  Territorial Army?  Trade Association?
Sorry Yvonne, ageing brain cells can't do it  :(
Plakias / Re: Christmas Wishes
« Last post by Yvonne on December 25, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
Thank you for that, Jackie. Best wishes to you, too, and all other Plakmates (remember them) for 2018!
Plakias / Christmas Wishes
« Last post by JackieatUrbanAgenda on December 25, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »
Hope everyone has a Happy Christmas - in the UK, in Plakias or wherever you are in the World - and a peaceful New Year. With every good wish for 2018....hope to see some of you in Crete over the Summer. xxx
PlakChat / Re: Rain and Sleet
« Last post by John R on December 24, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »
Been keeping an eye on your local real time weather station and webcams and yes your weather does seem rather wet and cool. It is relatively mild here in UK and I suspect we are having similar temperatures as you are having. I assume there will be a fair amount of snow on the tops on Crete now. Overall probably more wintry with you than us right now.

Merry Christmas
PlakChat / Rain and Sleet
« Last post by Frank And Julie on December 24, 2017, 07:09:45 AM »
Its not always sunny here, its been raining solid for about 30hrs with sleet and hails stones sometimes being blown down from the higher ground, the sun`s just come out though and its supposed to dry up for Christmas and bee about 18 deg.

Have a good Christmas every one !
« Last post by Yvonne on December 23, 2017, 09:22:15 PM »
So much about this on the TA forum. Makes a good tead.
« Last post by Richard on December 21, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
Hmmmmmm. I am sure that the new rule will be universally respected..... Sounds like a load of rubbish to me, I haven't ever been dissatisfied with the oil on offer in Plakias, although maybe that's not the case everywhere?
« Last post by ostraco on December 21, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »
Looks like just another government regulation to be widely ignored!  I love Greece!
Plakias / Olive oil on tables
« Last post by Daniel on December 21, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
Plakias / Re: Still fantastic
« Last post by Frank And Julie on December 07, 2017, 08:44:16 PM »
Thank you Charlie's mum and dad, we all would be delighted for any snippets and updates when you can !  How old is Charlie, did you bring him with you or is he Greek?  Sorry, probably being too nosey but lovely that he enjoys a swim - sounds a perfect pooch !

Charlie is 11 so 77 in dog years but still bounds around like a puppy, yes we brought him with us by road as he would have hated flying and big noise and he runs and hides, it can be a bit embarrasing around easter here as people are always randomly setting off fireworks and we have to go and rescue him from under the nearest table he can find, often to the bewilderment of the people having  lunch or dinner at that table.
He has made a lot of friends around here, we pass people in the road and they say "hello Charlie" and we haven't a clue who they are ! People remember him not us , but its all good and he is pretty well behaved and we take him with us most times we go out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10