Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Plakias / Re: This forum is commin' like a ghost town
« Last post by Daniel on August 23, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »
We are also back in Plakias from September 11th staying with George at Creta Mare.
I will report back on the town and our holiday.
It would be a shame to see the demise of this board.
Is it's lack of postings reflected in the  fact that Plakias is no longer as popular with U.K. visitors recently ?
We have found that over the last few years there have been fewer and fewer British holiday makers.
And a lot of regular " faces" are no longer to be seen about the town and in tavernas.

« Last post by Arnaki on August 23, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »
Hi Daza,

I look at this forum regularly and have been disappointed at how quite is has become.  I'll see what I can do to contribute whilst we are in Plakias in September.  Enjoy Arillas.  I've sent you a PM.

Arnaki
« Last post by JackieatUrbanAgenda on August 23, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
I was thinking that too........not even much about the recent visit of the shark !
« Last post by Yvonne on August 22, 2018, 07:40:52 PM »
I know. I check it every day. It used to be such a lively forum. I joined almost from the beginning,  12th on the list. We were there last September  but sadly not going this year. I love to hear the updates, too,
PlakChat / Web Cam
« Last post by John Gloucester on August 22, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
After 20 plus years of visiting Plakias, health reasons have prevented me visiting since 2015 but I have checked the Web Cam almost daily, does anyone know why it's not currently working or when it will be restored, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!!
« Last post by JBMouse on August 21, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »
Hi Daza,
              I suspect loads of people read the postings, but have little to say in return, a bit like me,. Unless someone asks a specific question that I can help with, I, too, stay quiet!
   This may make you jealous, but I will be able to give you a report on Plakias when we get back from there. We are going, yet again to Kostas, same room, in October, 10 days, with Olympic, and using Zacharias for the taxi. I would be interested to hear what you think of Arillas as I often like to take a last minute cheapy to Greece, and need other choices than Plakias, Lesvos and around Kalamata, but that are still small and unspoilt, is there anywhere left like that?
Sorry we won't see you in Plakias this year, enjoy Arillas, and we may yet meet again next year, somewhere in Greece.
Plakias / This forum is commin' like a ghost town
« Last post by daza on August 21, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »
Much as I am unaccustomed to public speaking - this forum has gone very quiet indeed.

I am an avid Plakias lover but am unfortunately not visiting this year - BUT I do like to keep up to date with whats happening there and reading holidaymakers views,reviews and experiences in Plakias (and surrounding areas) with a view to returning again (IF Olympic reintroduce the transfers. That or maybe winning a few bob on the lottery!).
Heading for Arillas in Corfu this Autumn (cos its so much cheaper).

CQ, CQ - Is anybody out there?

I haven't forgotten Plakias by a long chalk and "hope" someone is out there and has some good news/reviews to add.

I'll be back! (but only if I know its still as wonderful as it ever was).

Daza
Plakias / Re: Shark
« Last post by JackieatUrbanAgenda on August 14, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »
Probably hungry and following the squid.....think it was only a baby and of very little threat to humans. Hoping no-one caught it...the Med is its home too !
Plakias / Re: Shark
« Last post by FionaCW on August 14, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
Exciting but a tad scary - make sure Charlie boy not out there !
Plakias / Shark
« Last post by Frank And Julie on August 14, 2018, 06:19:27 AM »
A 5ft blue shark was swimming around the bay and the old harbour yesterday some great pics and videos on facebook the life guard was shouting to everybody to get out of the water its was following a guy on a lilo. Very unusual for this size and type to be so close locals said its the first some of them have ever seen.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10