Submitted By: Ploppy Date: August 22, 2007, 08:55:07 AM Views: 1127

Rating: ***** by 2 members.
Comments
Barny
Regulars

Have I seen you in Kyma?

View Profile Email
September 19, 2007, 11:46:26 AM
Highly reccomended by me too, Its that relaxed feeling after the hard morning on the beach, the cold beer and I really like the ommeletes that are on the menu you must try one. I only go there every lunchtime every year since the late 1980's ! and yes it has changed a bit but not that much to spoil it. Try it !

Barny.
George
Regulars

View Profile Email
September 10, 2007, 02:39:03 PM
ANTONI'S PLACE
This is MY afternoon bar.
After a long hot day on the beach, your thirsty and dusty, a slow stroll along the back of the beach will bring you to Antoni's Place. It looks a bit like a shed that once was, but go inside and sit at the authentic Greek chairs (ladies, I would advise a towel) and tables, under the pergola covered in grapevine, with the sunshine just sparkling through it, and ask Nikos when he comes over for a Mythos and a menu. You'll sit back and look out at an unobstructed view of the beach and the sky and the mountains and then that frosted glass appears on the table accompanied by the first beer of the day. Savour this moment, you've kicked off your shoes and your pouring the ice cold beer into the frosted glass and you look longingly at it. Then 'slug it'. It's a magical moment and one that I experienced on numerous occasions this year and on previous years.
I've been going to Antoni's Place as long as I can remember and it's changed over the years, but not much, that's why I like it.
Antoni, Maria and Nikos are lovely people, very friendly, OK it's not the most comfortable of places in the world but it's a beach bar.
The foods good too, Try the Meat Balls with some Satziki or the Cheese Pies or the Greek Salad with Tuna (I'm dribbling), and just sit and look out at the day.

There again, I'm easily pleased.

Try it! You'll like it!

george g...