Author Topic: Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios  (Read 73341 times)

Offline LesleyAnn

• View Profile
Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios
« on: February 17, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
Hi there

I'm thinking of going to Plakias in May and really like the look of the Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios. Can anyone tell me a lil more about them? I'm confused about the number of units as different brochures give me different figures!

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 08:24:50 AM »
Hi there

I'm thinking of going to Plakias in May and really like the look of the Kostas-Chrysoulla Studios. Can anyone tell me a lil more about them? I'm confused about the number of units as different brochures give me different figures!

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2852\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A previous post mentions 42 units which sounds about right - certainly not 5. We have stayed there and found it ok. Best bet for info is to do a search of the forum for Kostas or Costas (both spellings have been used)

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
Are you sure that the 5 doesn't refer to the number of units of accommodation that Olympic has at the Kostas Chysoulla. The 42 previously mentioned sounds more like it. Or maybe they are in 5 blocks.

We are booked to go there in May with Olympic. I was not too pleased to receive a letter from Olympic a couple of days ago saying that my return flight has been delayed by nearly 12 hours.

So the outward flight leaves Gatwick at 5.30am and arrives just before noon but the return flight dosen't leave until 23.15, arriving Gatwick around 01.25. If the plane we come home on also is arriving at Heraklion at this time, I can't understand why it doesn't leave until so much later. Usually turn around time is about an hour.

This will be the third holiday in a row when a flight has been rescheduled. Last May we were not told this until we arrived at Gatwick (2.5 hour rescheduling, not a delay). Last October I was told while on holiday that my return flight was leaving about 3.5 hours later than stated, resulting in my being on the last train out of King's Cross at ca. 1.00am and probably being the only sober one on the train. Airlines seem to have a habit of doing this at the start or end of the season.

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 01:22:52 AM »
We are booked to go there in May with Olympic. I was not too pleased to receive a letter from Olympic a couple of days ago saying that my return flight has been delayed by nearly 12 hours.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

we're flying out on the 17th from manchester, hopefully on time, fingers crossed

hope your's isn't too bad Mike

chris

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »
the answer to the 5 or 42 units at kostas chrysoulla is that there are 5 blocks (units) which altogether would make up 42 rooms - honestly i've been there for years  
sheryl

Offline LesleyAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 02:18:08 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. Sheryl - I take it u like the place if u've been going for years! Any tips or anything particularly noteworthy?

Tx folks,

LesleyAnn

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 01:50:06 PM »
Re. my Feb 18 post in this topic, I have now had another letter from Olympic Holidays saying we are travelling outwards on a 9.00am Monarch flight, and return to Gatwick at 01.25am on an Excel flight. Two changes in less than a week.

Mike

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »
hi lesley ann - not sure what to tell you eveything is pretty basic but still has everything you need, its a nice wee friendly place. buffet breakfast if your up in time - pool bar is there for drinks and snacks all day. the pool is always clean as are the rooms - no one really bothers you. the rooms are either ground level or first floor, nothing higher. and the owners (2 kostas's) are friendly and speak great english. if you think of anything that you need too know let me know

on another note i'm coming out in sympathy with mike - the newcastle flight with olympic has now changed its departure time 3 times. i've gave up. its now meant to be 9am but i'm not holding my breath - bet it changes again
sheryl

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 08:20:47 PM »
Seems you are experiencing similar problems to the ones we had when we flew with Olympic 2 years ago - in our case 4 changes, the combined effect being 13 hours less time in the resort. Last year with First Choice was much better

Offline LesleyAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 08:59:23 PM »
Thanks Sheryl - its useful to have some background info. We've now booked and will be meeting the 2 Kostas in May! If I think of any other questions I'll just ask...

LesleyAnn

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 04:02:36 PM »
Re. my Feb 18 post in this topic, I have now had another letter from Olympic Holidays saying we are travelling outwards on a 9.00am Monarch flight, and return to Gatwick at 01.25am on an Excel flight. Two changes in less than a week.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have now spoken to Olympic and have persuaded them to change the flights (at no cost to me) so we are travelling out on the 9.00am Monarch flight and returning on the corresponding flight, which is scheduled to be back at Gatwick at 18.00. Not quite as good as the 05.30am departure (which ensures arrival in resort mid afternoon) but good enough!

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »
still on the topic of Kostas-Chrysoulla

i think we are going to be collecting a hire car at the airport, so we'll be missing that treat of a coach transfer from heraklion   :'(

so where are the studios? the brochure says just off the main road but that a little vague

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 08:17:19 AM »
still on the topic of Kostas-Chrysoulla

i think we are going to be collecting a hire car at the airport, so we'll be missing that treat of a coach transfer from heraklion   :'(

so where are the studios? the brochure says just off the main road but that a little vague
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2883\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Driving into the town with the sea on your left you go over a bridge, then turn right. Costas Chrysoulla is about 100yds down a side opening on the left, just past some shops and a restaurant serving morrocan food.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 09:14:37 AM »
Driving into the town with the sea on your left you go over a bridge, then turn right. Costas Chrysoulla is about 100yds down a side opening on the left, just past some shops and a restaurant serving morrocan food.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks, i get it, that's the road with the 'euro' shop isn't it?

going going back to the subject of flight changes, guess what I got this morning!

(actually they are better!  now there's a first!  )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 09:23:23 AM by harribobs »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 11:54:40 AM »
Yes - the road with the euro shop