login

Author Topic: Rebuilding after fire  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
Rebuilding after fire
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:48:32 PM »
Just wondering if anyone know how (if any) the rebuilding is getting on after last years fire at the front.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Rebuilding after fire
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Hi,

It appears that the rebuilding work is well underway, with some completed.  I've not been there myself yet, but there are some pictures on this link (which is a very informative website) http://www.beautifulplakias.com/plakias.html

I expect others who have been there recently provide up to date information.  I get my Plakias fix in August.

Arnaki

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:31:08 PM »
You could message Jeroen and John R is visiting this week.
Perhaps one of both could post a photo or two.
Pretty please.
Have a great time John 😁
Nothing like a visit during Easter.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:49:21 AM by Voloudakis »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
Thank you. I will see what I can do. Things were fairly complete when I was there late September October - I think one unit hadn't started but was about to ( not to sure of that - memories blurred.

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 06:06:17 PM »
I'm in Plakias now.The rebuild is going ahead,.... Ostracio, Sofia and muses are finished, the others are work in progress. The pita girls shed is gone, I suspect that the new sewerage system is responsible for its demise. This new system involves digging up every road and then leaving it, so everywhere is a bit of a mess.there's even more dust than usual. Staying at apnopea as usual, great people!

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »
Thank you. I will see what I can do. Things were fairly complete when I was there late September October - I think one unit hadn't started but was about to ( not to sure of that - memories blurred.
Thank you John, very kind. Thank you too Micky for the information. I could see the Gorgona has metal beams over their space, so probably finished soon. Great choice of accommodation. Love the food and, the grill and the raki there but can never eat from second week of July through to late September as it is too Smokey (Germans and French mostly), had a bad Asthma attack there two years ago and three days in hospital 😞. It is a problem in a few places to be honest, a pity as it is one of the nicest places and as its name suggests sheltered from the Strong winds. Jealous of you both being in Plakias for Easter.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 08:56:04 AM »
Latest photograph of the front, courtesy of Jeroen. This morning Wednesday 27th April

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
I just took that photo as well today !! I'm not sure of the names of the ones still missing but basically looking at them from the East end the line up starts with a gap and then alternates with rebuild, gap, rebuild etc. So gap, Sofia, gap with work in progress, Muses, gap with some work, Ostraco, gap with massive umbrella (folded today,) and finally, just off the new concrete plinth a gap with smaller umbrella but lots of nice wicker seats and tables (quite well patronised today). Generally quite busy at lunch time today but to my slight annoyance there is waiter hassle for trade on the street making it a definite no no. So 3 complete rebuilds a gap being actively rebuilt. Tried sending photos but wifi a bit too slow for that. Beautiful weather.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 04:58:22 PM »
Thank you John. So brilliant to get some up-to-date information.
Waiters trawling for custom is a huge turn off and virtually guarantees we will never eat at that establishment.
Trust Mixalis, Soula and family are doing well and still the best place to be in the evening and have you bumped into Giannis Dougelrakis yet?
Wish we were there.
John and Michèle

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 08:35:47 PM »
Also of importance: The geese are still around! Good for them.

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »
Just a slightly amusing footnote to the demolition of the pitta giros parlour, or souvlaki shed. I was reliably told by an untrusted Greek that it was demolished because.... It didn't have a change of use building permit, from its previous incarnation as a public toilet, which was built there to take advantage of its position over the top of the main sewer junction.
 Having said that... I'm missing it!

Anybody old enough to remember?