Author Topic: Crowded Plakias?  (Read 56709 times)

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« on: July 25, 2003, 03:27:05 PM »
Looking at the calendar, there are going to be quite a few of us in Plakias in the first two weeks of September.
The peak arrival dates seem to be 2nd to 4th.
There are also one or two others (Yvonne, martinh, ?) who have said they will be there in forum posts but are not on the calendar.

Maybe we should consider getting together for a meal, Greek style?
You know, you turn up in a crowd, re-arrange all the tables in the taverna so you can all sit at one big table and none of the other customers get a look-in for ages!
We could even negotiate a discount!

Anyone interested in meeting for dinner on Tuesday 9th September please respond to this topic with your suggested venue and a reason.
I'd suggest we avoid the places that are always full as they might not want us anyway.
John Page

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 03:39:56 PM »
Sounds like a great idea. This will be our first time in Plakias (apart from 1/2 day last year) so we'll leave it to others to decide on a venue.

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 08:08:06 PM »
What a good idea John.  As to a venue I would suggest either Sirroko (next to Glaros) or Medousa both of which I have seen cater for large-ish parties, offer good value for money and don't close early.  

There are two of us but if we don't plan to eat before 9:00pm we can probably get our friends Rosi and David to join the party!

Regards,

Allan and Fran.

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »
Sounds great, count us in.  About 9:00 sounds right to me. I'll second Medousa, just wonder if they'll be too busy to cater for a large group? May I suggest we choose an earlier date so that 1. John (Ostraco) can join us and 2. It wont be so close to the end of our holiday and I'll be miserable!

How about Thursday 4th of September?

Ploppy

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 02:09:34 PM »
What a great idea!!  The 9th  at 9 would suit us fine and we'll go with the majority as to the venue.  As we don't arrive until the 4th, it may be cutting it a bit fine, otherwise hey! our time is our own!!
Yvonne

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 05:48:57 PM »
I think the idea of a meet is great - I don't care where, as everywhere mentioned so far is good! The idea of getting everyone together and having a good old natter really appeals - and perhaps we could sow the seeds for a winter meet up in the UK?

Depending on numbers, Sophia B might be a better idea if they get too large.

Any evening up to the 7th would be fine with me - Perhaps Friday 5th?
John - Ostraco

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 05:56:28 PM »
Friday 5th is good for me. The winter UK meet-up sounds good, venue discussion will be 'fun'  

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 12:37:54 AM »
I've been thinking of trying to get a winter meet together for a few years - but it's only now that so many people are in touch that the idea seems viable. A meal in Plakias seems a perfect place to kick the idea around.
John - Ostraco

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 11:46:33 AM »
 This is the first year in a very long time that we won't be going to plakias. We always go the first two weeks in September and meeting up for a meal would have been good fun.  A meet in the winter sounds good though, I shall look forward to whatever everyone decides.  

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 11:15:25 AM »
4th/5th have been suggested - both are fine with us. We arrive on 2nd and, as we are new to Plakias, it would be nice to meet towards the beginning of our hols. Is 9pm a bit late if there will be a large group? (the restaurant won't eant to hold a table for too long if they are busy).  

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 04:55:56 PM »
The 9th was my first suggestion because that seemed when we'd have the peak population of Plakias Forum users.
However, it would be good to have it when Ostraco is there too.

As to venue, there have only been 2 suggestions so far and one of them got 2 votes so it must be favourite to date.

Let's give it a few more days for people to respond before we make any decisions.
John Page

Offline Ken & Kathy

• View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 11:02:34 AM »
 Happy to join in the party but we don,t arrive in Plakias until the 9th,We could perhaps still see you for a drink in the early hours.Exciting to be making plans tho.Not long now!!

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 10:12:05 AM »
The best compromise seems to be Medousa at 9pm on Friday 5th.
Unfortunately, that excludes Ken and Kathy who do not arrive until the 9th but if the 5th is a success maybe we can do it again a week later?

I will visit Medousa as soon as possible after I arrive on the 2nd and ask if they have any problem accommodating about a dozen of us at 9pm on the 5th.
For last-minute updates I suggest you text my mobile on +44-79-7402-1310.  Please do not call unless you have no alternative.
If anyone wants to give me their mobile number I will keep them informed by text message on the 5th of the final arrangements.
Otherwise, look for me at the far end of the beach near the tamarisk trees and the shower!

Those who have expressed an interest are:
Valerie and me
Graham and Karen
Allan and Fran
Rosi and David ???
Ploppy (Paul) and Marge (is that right?)
Yvonne and Peter
Ostraco (John)

I make that a party of 13.  Someone else get in here quick!

I hope everyone will treat this 'do' in as relaxed a manner as possible.
No-one is under any obligation and if you decide to do something else instead that's fine but do let me know so that I can keep Medousa updated.

31 days to go...
John Page

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 11:02:06 AM »
Good stuff, thanks for your time and effort in this John.

We'll see you on the 9th if not before, my mobile number is +447791003291 for text messages.

Paul & Margherita (Marge is easier to say!)

P.S Ken & Kathy, what time do you arrive on the 9th? You mention the early hours, if you head to Ostraco we may still be there.

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crowded Plakias?
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2003, 11:29:08 AM »
Ploppy: The 5th?
John Page