Author Topic: Reporting In  (Read 53591 times)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:36:24 AM »
There's not many reports coming in about the good times and the bad. Can only put it down to Post Holiday Depressions  

george g...

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Reporting In
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Quote from: George
There's not many reports coming in about the good times and the bad. Can only put it down to Post Holiday Depressions  

george g...

Hi George

Definately have post holiday blues but coping as only 12 weeks till we are back!

Well what can I say it was a hot one, the first 8 days the temperature on the beach ranged from 45 to 52 degrees, I like the heat but this was a bit much. The day we had 52 was I can only imagine like sitting the middle of the sahara dessert. The wind was red hot & it was even unbearable to ride our scooter further than the beach! However the 4am swimming was fun! It entertained Dionysis at the Hotel (Livicon)

However we had a great time as always. We always meet up with our friends from all over europe in June and have lots of fun. We also were very excited to stand inside our new property. I will own up now that we have bought an apatment in the Plakia Panorama site. We like most of you on this site were horrified when we first saw the plans for the site however when we looked into it further decided the price was right in the place we love and at the end of the day they were going to build it anyway so why miss out. It took alot of research & nerves before we made our final descision last October.

Having seen the site now though I think when it's finished it will look nice and let's face it some of the unfinished buildings in Plakias are much more of an eye sore.

Just looking forward to going back now, am craving sunshine & shrimp saganaki & much more!

Rowena & Carl
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:47:47 PM by Rowena & Carl »

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:03 AM »
Quote from: Rowena & Carl
Quote from: George

george g...

Hi George

Definately have post holiday blues but coping as only 12 weeks till we are back!

Well what can I say it was a hot one, the first 8 days the temperature on the beach ranged from 45 to 52 degrees, I like the heat but this was a bit much. The day we had 52 was I can only imagine like sitting the middle of the sahara dessert. The wind was red hot & it was even unbearable to ride our scooter further than the beach! However the 4am swimming was fun! It entertained Dionysis at the Hotel (Livicon)

However we had a great time as always. We always meet up with our friends from all over europe in June and have lots of fun. We also were very excited to stand inside our new property. I will own up now that we have bought an apatment in the Plakia Panorama site. We like most of you on this site were horrified when we first saw the plans for the site however when we looked into it further decided the price was right in the place we love and at the end of the day they were going to build it anyway so why miss out. It took alot of research & nerves before we made our final descision last October.

Having seen the site now though I think when it's finished it will look nice and let's face it some of the unfinished buildings in Plakias are much more of an eye sore.

Just looking forward to going back now, am craving sunshine & shrimp saganaki & much more!

Rowena & Carl

Well done guys, lets keep it up  

You do realise now that you have a lot more very close friends.

george g...
Your very special friend

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »
Well what can I say it was a hot one, the first 8 days the temperature on the beach ranged from 45 to 52 degrees, I like the heat but this was a bit much.
I'd be interested to know where there is a thermometer in Plakias. I've long been interested in weather and some of the resorts I go to have digital temperature readouts strategically placed, but I've never seen one in Plakias.

If you took a thermometer yourself and measured it actually on the beach I assume it was in the sun.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
There's one in Antoni's Bar on the wall by the door, I always look at it when I go in there if it's been a bit warm.

george g...

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Well what can I say it was a hot one, the first 8 days the temperature on the beach ranged from 45 to 52 degrees, I like the heat but this was a bit much.
I'd be interested to know where there is a thermometer in Plakias. I've long been interested in weather and some of the resorts I go to have digital temperature readouts strategically placed, but I've never seen one in Plakias.

If you took a thermometer yourself and measured it actually on the beach I assume it was in the sun.

Mike

There must be one in the Livicn . i have never actually seen it but I have frequent conversations with Dionussos about the weather and most eveings he tells me what the temrpature has been that day and what the forecast is for tomorrow . I think he does it to make me even thirstier !
 roger

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »
Quote from: roger

Mike

There must be one in the Livicn . i have never actually seen it but I have frequent conversations with Dionussos about the weather and most eveings he tells me what the temrpature has been that day and what the forecast is for tomorrow . I think he does it to make me even thirstier !
 roger

My son staying at Asomatos texted me today and said temp was 33*C
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:29:28 PM »
Anyone going out soon, don't forget ya woolies  

george g...

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »

Mike

There is one in Kyma. On one of the central supports up the middle near the bar. Pavlos will usually have something to say about the weather if you ask him.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 12:08:59 AM »
. We like most of you on this site were horrified when we first saw the plans for the site however when we looked into it further decided the price was right in the place we love and at the end of the day they were going to build it anyway so why miss out. It took alot of research & nerves before we made our final descision last October
Rowena & Carl

i admit i was horrified when i saw the first plans but i had got the location of the apartments wrong, i thought they were across the road, further down towards the beach ( more like the hapimag ones) and i hated the idea of a new Damnoni  

i hope it works out well for you both, i'm sure it will, but keep us up to date with the developments!

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Reporting In
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:34:58 AM »

Mike

Some friends came to the beach & it 48 in the shade in their garden, so yes it was in the sun. It was also off the scale in the  paligremnos..... I have never experienced such heat before.

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Reporting In
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

Mike

roger

Roger did you not know Dionysos is a fountain of knowledge for everything..... not just the weather!!

There used be a thermometer in the reception but I don't think the new reception had one, however the fridges & ice machine were a good indication as they stopped working!!

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Reporting In
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:45:52 AM »

Mike

There must be one in the Livicn . i have never actually seen it but I have frequent conversations with Dionussos about the weather and most eveings he tells me what the temperature has been that day and what the forecast is for tomorrow . I think he does it to make me even thirstier !
 roger

Roger did you not know Dionysos is a fountain of knowledge for everything..... not just the weather!!

There used be a thermometer in the reception but I don't think the new reception had one, however the fridges & ice machine were a good indication as they stopped working!!

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
That's one thing that people don't seem to realise, most published temperatures are recorded in the shade.
One can always add at least 10-15 degrees to that figure for temperatures 'in the sun'.

The way it's going out there, the sea temperatures are going to be like a warm bath in around 5 weeks time      

george g...

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reporting In
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:48:01 PM »
One week until a warm bath and cold beers!!!
Is there any wind at the moment?
Fancy a Mythos?