Author Topic: Lance Chiltern and Marengowalks maps.  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Butties

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Lance Chiltern and Marengowalks maps.
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Hi all and any,
                     Does anyone have any up-to-date info on Lance Chiltern and Marengowalks or where I can get access to his range of publications?
I have had dealings myself in the past when buying his excellent books and guides for walks around Plakias, but all links and sites (marengowalks.com,  marengowalks.supanet.com, etc) seem to lead nowhere.

I'm after his guide to walks around the Lindos area of Rhodes.

Cheers,
Mark Butt.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lance Chiltern and Marengowalks maps.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »
Hi mark. The most recent publication of his I have ordered was last year. It was 'walks in the Stoupa area' suggest you google that and it should take you to his website. Publisher is Marengo and the correct spelling of his surname is Chilton. Hope this helps
Robert

Offline Butties

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »
Robert,
           Thanks for the reply. I have spent a good few days now trying to get a successful hit on Marengo publications but it seems the domain name is up for sale.
The most recent address seems to be a supanet one.
I have tried other online book sites and although some stock Lance's range of books and maps the Lindos one is well out of print.

Heigh-ho.
Mark Butt.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »
hi Mark
Sorry not to reply sooner-only just come back to the Forum. Can only say that after I posted I did similar searches to you with the same result. Perhaps lance has retired. I tried to contact him via Facebook but with no response so far.
Robert

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
Hi Mark,
I was in touch with Lance a couple of years ago via marengo.com, which now appears to be defunct. I was interested in buying some of his images of old Plakias. Can't remember where we got to.
We found his guides very helpful when we first visited Plakias, presumably those for Rhodes would also be useful.
I  find his guides on amazon.com from time to time. Worth a try?
Richard.