Author Topic: Lesbos - Molivos  (Read 11865 times)

Offline nora

• View Profile
Re: Lesbos - Molivos
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 09:52:26 AM »
Fantastic photo's - nice to see one of 'elvis' - he was very kind to us whilst we were there - we were lost on one of Lance Chiltons walks in a village in the hills above Anaxos and he happened to be passing us in his car - offered us a lift back.

We loved Villa Nikki taverna sadly i heard the man who owned it, has since died - he was such a great host and his wife was a fantastic cook .

thanks again
 Nora x

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Lesbos - Molivos
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
Apostolis was such a nice man. Spent many an evening there drinking and talking. Miki, Maria and Toula are still making wonderful food. Such a massive gap without Apostolis though. I will never forget the bill being written on the paper tablecloth and the statement "no tax".

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »
Some great photos of a lovely area. I must return before too long. IMHO Petra is the preferred resort, although the tavernas are all more expensive than Anaxos. It has more character.

The walking in this area is even better than Plakias (see my earlier post).

My main memory of Ampelia beach, however, is all the litter on it and the fact that there was no one else there (I always holiday in low season).

Mike

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
Never seen any litter on Ambelia. They must clean it. I only ever visit late May through to mid July though so it well could be messy at other times. Petra and Petri are lovely. We just prefer the nicer beach and Anaxos being  less busy. Petra of course is more historic and Anaxos has mainly been built for tourism. It does have little windy lanes and many amazing Tavernas. Tend to eat up in Petri or the Women's Co-Op in Petra. Avlaki Taverna at Avlaki bay is very good too. We stay with friends in Thermi sometimes, it is another beautiful area. Lesvos is a great Island to visit for the bird Migration in spring but we still have not made it that early. Crete is the Island my Father comes from and I still have relatives in Lappa. The climate is much better in Crete too, well it begins earlier and ends later :-).
So glad to be visiting again after so many years. There are too many other Islands to visit and it has taken this long to return.