login

Author Topic: question  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
question
« on: October 01, 2005, 08:50:04 PM »
Hello all, This one is not about Plakias but a question for you many travelled people.
I have a few days off in October(all four of them!) and fancied going through the channel tunnel. Is it possible to just turn up and get on, or do you have to book it before? and is it worth it when you get to the other side as in things to do and see?
And what are the prices its just me and Ruth in a car? I would love to go to Plakias but four days? No

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 09:28:18 PM »
Hello all, This one is not about Plakias but a question for you many travelled people.
I have a few days off in October(all four of them!) and fancied going through the channel tunnel. Is it possible to just turn up and get on, or do you have to book it before? and is it worth it when you get to the other side as in things to do and see?
And what are the prices its just me and Ruth in a car? I would love to go to Plakias but four days? No

Barny.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For a 4 day trip by car and two passengers Eurotunnel Euro 225.39 VV
However a quite boring trip through the tunnel.
A much better option is to book with Seafrance Ferry Euro 120.= VV
These are pre-booked fares! Must cross as booked!

Calais is a nice place to spend a day. Lille is nearby, very nice with a few good museums! Good restaurants, etc.  and shopping facilties. Enjoy your autumn leave
Beachcombers
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 08:10:45 AM by beachcombers »

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
question
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »
there's no advantage to turning up on the day and trying to get on, in fact you do get discount for booking 14 or 21 days in advance

here's the link to their site, you can book on line and i assume get a quote as well

eurostar