Author Topic: Small bay past plakias  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« on: May 20, 2005, 09:18:19 PM »
Last year I walked along the beach at plakias Ipast the nudist beach and went over a hill through an olive grove and ended up at a small bay with a taverna,as I will not be able to walk that far this year does anyone know the name of the place and can I get a taxi there? regards Alex G.
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 08:14:59 AM »
Last year I walked along the beach at plakias Ipast the nudist beach and went over a hill through an olive grove and ended up at a small bay with a taverna,as I will not be able to walk that far this year does anyone know the name of the place and can I get a taxi there? regards Alex G.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You must have been walking to Damnoni but I wouldn't describe it as a small bay. Possibly you could have bypassed Hapimag (on your right) and so, not been aware of how large it is. Past Damnoni is Amoudi which has a teverna and is smaller. Alternatively, you could have At the end of the olive, if you turned right you might have walked towards the Kalypso hotel - I've not been there but hope to walk it this year. From memory, it takes us about 40 mins to walk (not hike) to Damnoni and 50 mins to Amoudi. How far was the bay you went to?

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:19:48 PM »
Further on you might have reached Shinaria beach and the name of the Taverna is "The Libyan Star". Wish we were there...

Yours
Shinaria

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:05:11 PM »
You must have been walking to Damnoni but I wouldn't describe it as a small bay. Possibly you could have bypassed Hapimag (on your right) and so, not been aware of how large it is. Past Damnoni is Amoudi which has a teverna and is smaller. Alternatively, you could have At the end of the olive, if you turned right you might have walked towards the Kalypso hotel - I've not been there but hope to walk it this year. From memory, it takes us about 40 mins to walk (not hike) to Damnoni and 50 mins to Amoudi. How far was the bay you went to?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Im not sure how far it was but it took me about 35 mins to walk,all I can remember is the taverna looked very like a courtyard,as far as I can remember there was nothing else there but the taverna,I will be back there 2 weeks today and really looking forward to it,no doubt it will come back to me when I get there regards Alex G

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:03:20 AM »

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 12:13:42 PM »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:53 PM »
Sent a pic of Kalypso last summer. Had an odd 60's feel about it. Did it used to be a U boat base or something? Not likely to be the mystery place. Can you walk to it by going through the tunnels way past the far end?
Brian

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 12:22:29 PM »
Sent a pic of Kalypso last summer. Had an odd 60's feel about it. Did it used to be a U boat base or something? Not likely to be the mystery place. Can you walk to it by going through the tunnels way past the far end?
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can't get to it via the tunnels - there is a drop into the see at the end of the 2nd tunnel. I believe there is a track higher up that follows the headland but I've never tried it.

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 12:24:34 PM »
Here is another of Kalypso. Not really a beach!

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 09:23:33 PM »
Dost thou mean this?   

http://www.interkriti.org/tavern/plakias/libyan-star/

shinaria
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3374\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think so   regards alex

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Small bay past plakias
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 08:11:11 PM »
Problem solved the bay I was talking about was damnoni,thanks to everyone ,regards Alex G.