login

Author Topic: Restaurants in Plakias  (Read 24805 times)

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Re: Restaurants in Plakias
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
I also strongly recommend Vrisi too...fantastic place!

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »
where abouts is vrisi ? Cant seem to place it from when we went last year.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Mirthios - near the old washing place

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Where Mr Freddie works.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I've recently finished drawing up a list of restaurants which I've settled on when I visit Plakias.  It's not a comprehensive list of all restaurants there, and the comments I make focus on features that are of importance to me.  In short, I've produced it purely for my own benefit.  But others, particularly those new to the resort, may find it useful as a quick overview of what is available in the way of places to eat out.

Noopsy

Noopsy I'd very much like to read your list but because I am still happily using Word 2000 I can't open the file.  I've tried other methods to open it but without success.  Would it be possible to save it in a .doc format and post it again for me, and possibly others, still living in the dark ages?

Thanks very much if you can.

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
I've recently finished drawing up a list of restaurants which I've settled on when I visit Plakias.  It's not a comprehensive list of all restaurants there, and the comments I make focus on features that are of importance to me.  In short, I've produced it purely for my own benefit.  But others, particularly those new to the resort, may find it useful as a quick overview of what is available in the way of places to eat out.

Noopsy

Noopsy I'd very much like to read your list but because I am still happily using Word 2000 I can't open the file.  I've tried other methods to open it but without success.  Would it be possible to save it in a .doc format and post it again for me, and possibly others, still living in the dark ages?

Thanks very much if you can.

Try word viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=4
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »
Thanks steven.  Downloaded  Word Viewer as you suggested but for some reason still didn't open the file.  After a bit more messing around I got hold of Open Office Writer that worked a treat.  Not sure what is going on there.

The info in the doc was interesting and will be useful (thanks Noopsy) but I would still like to find out if there are any 'traditional' Tavernas in Plakias.  By traditional I mean the evenings dishes are cooked during the day and then are 'on show' in the evening inside the taverna or even in the kitchen itself and you choose your mains by the age old pointing method.  Sometime the stuff hangs around for a day or two and other times its a case of 'when its gone its gone'.  Often it pays to be an early bird so to speak.

I must admit I much prefer this sort of place to that where you are making a choice 'unseen' from just a menu.  Any suggestions?

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
In connection with writing a few reviews for Tripadvisor, I've updated my list of restaurants in Plakias.  Again I stress that I've compiled it for my own use, and that, yes, it is therefore subjective.  I'm only posting it on the forum as a service to any newcomers to Plakias who might like to use it as a starting point when deciding where to go for their evening meal.  I do appreciate that those of us who know Plakias well have already got their own favourites and opinions on the eating places there, and will not necessarily agree with the comments I have made.

Noopsy 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:44:16 PM by Noopsy »
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
I've made a few additions and amendments to my list in case anyone is interested.

Noopsy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:38:34 PM by Noopsy »
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »
Thanks Noopsy, it's been a few years since we've been to Plakias so this will be handy, specially for the newer restaurants.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »
So far, we have had good meals at Gorgona, Harakas, Mouses, and Tasomanolis. Service at Sofia was very friendly, but the food was too salty for our liking.

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »
I've attached the fourth edition of my list of restaurants in Plakias, mainly to take account of any price increases.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:16:24 PM by Noopsy »
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »
Just reading Noopsys tavernas reviews attachment.  Can someone tell me which tavern is ΣΟΦΙΑ ? Presume it is Sofia ?

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 02:15:05 PM »
Yes it is the Sofia.

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »
Blimey, I'm surprised with the Sofia, wonder if its still the same, although Noopsys review was only from September.