Author Topic: New to the Forum....  (Read 4117 times)

Offline joolz

• MSN Messenger - lindylou463@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New to the Forum....
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:38:18 PM »
This is great - a forum dedicated to Plakias.  

Myself and my partner Derek have been visiting Plakias a couple of times a year for the past 4 years now and absolutely adore it.  We always pay a visit to Ostraco and love the little Souvlaki place in front of the Art Gallery, as well as most of the Tavernas too!  Anyone that spends the Summer season in Plakias is sure to have seen us around.

Our plan is to move out there permanently next year and although it won't be easy as we will both have to find work, we are looking forward to the challenge.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I would love to hear from someone that may have done something similar?

Joolz.
Joolz

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
New to the Forum....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 02:28:44 PM »

Myself and my partner Derek have been visiting Plakias a couple of times a year for the past 4 years now and absolutely adore it.  We always pay a visit to Ostraco and love the little Souvlaki place in front of the Art Gallery, as well as most of the Tavernas too!  Anyone that spends the Summer season in Plakias is sure to have seen us around.

Our plan is to move out there permanently next year and although it won't be easy as we will both have to find work, we are looking forward to the challenge.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I would love to hear from someone that may have done something similar?

Joolz.

[attachment=291:attachment]
Ali & Dave did the same they might be able to give you some information
Success
Leen

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
New to the Forum....
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 04:05:18 PM »

Myself and my partner Derek have been visiting Plakias a couple of times a year for the past 4 years now and absolutely adore it.  We always pay a visit to Ostraco and love the little Souvlaki place in front of the Art Gallery, as well as most of the Tavernas too!  Anyone that spends the Summer season in Plakias is sure to have seen us around.

Our plan is to move out there permanently next year and although it won't be easy as we will both have to find work, we are looking forward to the challenge.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I would love to hear from someone that may have done something similar?

Joolz.

Success
Leen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=5252\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Leen - Can you tell me how to get the 'Welcome' smilie please. It is not in the set of smilies on the left of the message reply page or in the pop-up window you get when you click on 'Show All'.
Thanks

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
New to the Forum....
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:21:12 PM »

Joolz.

Success
Leen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=5252\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Leen - Can you tell me how to get the 'Welcome' smilie please. It is not in the set of smilies on the left of the message reply page or in the pop-up window you get when you click on 'Show All'.
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=5253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are completely [attachment=292:attachment]

Leen

Oh no it is the Plakchat  thread. [attachment=293:attachment]

[attachment=294:attachment]

I will/have send a PM
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 07:24:10 AM by beachcombers »

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
New to the Forum....
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »
welcome to the forum joolz

let us know how your are going on with your quest

chris

Leen!!

Offline joolz

• MSN Messenger - lindylou463@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
New to the Forum....
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »
Many thanks for your responses.  

It's a rainy/snowy day here in central London and, as always, my thoughts turn to Crete when the weather is so dire.  Our holiday is booked and we will be back in Plakias on the 9th June for a couple of weeks - more than happy to meet up with any Forum members that may also be there then.  We are definitely going to hire cycles for a day (maybe two) and head over to Shinaria beach.  I shall give the scuba diving a miss this year.  I tried it last June (it was my challenge for the year) but, not really being comfortable with the total lack of control, decided that it wasn't for me.  I'll stick with snorkelling - much easier.
All being well, our plans are still to sell up early next year and move out to Plakias in the early Spring.  We shall stay in our apartment for about a year to see how things pan out.  It will really be down to whether we can both find work or not.  I'm very excited...... (but also a little bit scared)......

Joolz.
Joolz

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
New to the Forum....
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 10:26:25 PM »
Bicycles? Nooo, get a Motor John! A motorcycle or (at least) a scooter, pedalling uses up too much Mythos!
Good luck with the intended move, if this forum is anything to go by, you will have a crowd of Brits following you out there!

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
New to the Forum....
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
Bicycles? Nooo, get a Motor John! A motorcycle or (at least) a scooter, pedalling uses up too much Mythos!
Good luck with the intended move, if this forum is anything to go by, you will have a crowd of Brits following you out there!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=5511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Or go in the local traditional style: rent a few donkeys!    
BTW what is wrong with bicycles? (yes I come from Holland)  
Awaiting the pictures!  

Leen