Author Topic: Back Home  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Alex_Kidd

  • Regulars
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Back Home
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »
Hallo people!
It's so SAD to write again here AFTER being in Plakias!!!  
However, life goes on, and with so many things to do! That's why I find very little time to post...
But, I have to say that in Plakias I have met very wonderful people, especially those members of the forum, and others delicious people that are not members, but great ones, and also some nice locals (my future neighbours   ).
Well, I hope to find the time to do a report of my holiday, would be interesting to discuss some place...
For this time, it is enough (work is calling me!)... but before going, great great great greetings to Ploppy and Margherita (an OLD man with a very nice girl... he he!), to Chris and Mandy (ho ho, Babis was still offering raki and it was SO good   ), to Freida and Freddy (no words can explain what I feel about you... but if I have to say one, will say this: "the world should learn from you!"   ) and to John, Dotty, Rowena & Carl, and all the other people I met (sorry, cannot remember all the names!).

Sorry, sunset is coming...  
Cheers,
Ale
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:44:00 AM by Alex_Kidd »

Offline harribobs

  • Regulars
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1830
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »
Hi Alex

i think we are all suffering from post-holidays blues now....  the forum seems a bit slow

 i'm just recovering from the raki!!  

it was great to meet you and Conseula ( i hope she recovered soon) and i hope you've recovered from meeting that motley crew in the Livicon!!



yamas!

chris

Mandy Harrison

  • Guest
Back Home
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:39:34 PM »
Hi Alex

It seems a long time until next May which is when Chris and I hope to return.  It was lovely meeting you on holiday and I hope the next time we meet Consuela can join us.  I hope her illness didn't ruin her trip totally.  Its hard to get back into the swing of things but I suppose we need the money to pay for the next trip.  Its only two weeks since Chris and I were enjoying the Cretan sunshine but it feels like a lot longer - I suppose its the cold days we will soon be enduring and the very dark winter nights.  Oh well lets hope we can get to Crete before May - a lottery win may help!

Welcome back

Mandy

Offline John R

  • Regulars
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 867
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:37:23 PM »
I would like to add how much we enjoyed meeting people from the forum who this year overlapped for the first time with our stay. Our expectations were already high but were much exceeded in all cases.

Chris and Mandy -  super people - a breath of fresh air.

John (Compage) and Val - a very brief meeting in Livicon af a really nice couple.

Ploppy and Margherita - what a great couple. Paul became (but did not look)  one year older when we were there. But he still has so far to go before anyone can call him old !!!! I expressed my genuine appreciation to him several times for his efforts on this forum and can assure everybody that we are in very safe hands.

Alex and Conseula. How can I adequately describe Alex. He is a true Gentleman in every sense of the word. He is kind, considerate and gentle and it was always such a pleisure to be in his company. His Command of English is perfect and I have yet to meet a nicer guy. Conseula was a perfect partner and soon recovered from her unfortunate bout of llness. I do hope we can meet up with them again in Plakias.

John R

Offline harribobs

  • Regulars
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1830
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »
Quote from: John R
Alex and Conseula. How can I adequately describe Alex. He is a true Gentleman in every sense of the word. He is kind, considerate and gentle and it was always such a pleisure to be in his company. His Command of English is perfect and I have yet to meet a nicer guy. Conseula was a perfect partner and soon recovered from her unfortunate bout of llness. I do hope we can meet up with them again in Plakias.

John R

i couldn't have put it better myself  

Mandy Harrison

  • Guest
Back Home
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »
Quote from: John R
I would like to add how much we enjoyed meeting people from the forum who this year overlapped for the first time with our stay. Our expectations were already high but were much exceeded in all cases.

Chris and Mandy -  super people - a breath of fresh air.

John (Compage) and Val - a very brief meeting in Livicon af a really nice couple.

Ploppy and Margherita - what a great couple. Paul became (but did not look)  one year older when we were there. But he still has so far to go before anyone can call him old !!!! I expressed my genuine appreciation to him several times for his efforts on this forum and can assure everybody that we are in very safe hands.

Alex and Conseula. How can I adequately describe Alex. He is a true Gentleman in every sense of the word. He is kind, considerate and gentle and it was always such a pleisure to be in his company. His Command of English is perfect and I have yet to meet a nicer guy. Conseula was a perfect partner and soon recovered from her unfortunate bout of llness. I do hope we can meet up with them again in Plakias.

John R

Hope you two enjoyed your holiday as much as Chris and I did and I hope we can share a glass of wine and a few glasses of Raki again soon!  I may be calling on you to visit Keswick market soon as I have already nearly gone through my supply of pasta/rice I bought in Plak Market.  My Lamb Youvetsi needs a bit of work but I am getting the hang of it!

Love to you and the lovely Gillian.

Offline Rowena & Carl

  • Regulars
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 167
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Back Home
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:24:20 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
Quote from: John R
I would like to add how much we enjoyed meeting people from the forum who this year overlapped for the first time with our stay. Our expectations were already high but were much exceeded in all cases.

Chris and Mandy -  super people - a breath of fresh air.

John (Compage) and Val - a very brief meeting in Livicon af a really nice couple.

Ploppy and Margherita - what a great couple. Paul became (but did not look)  one year older when we were there. But he still has so far to go before anyone can call him old !!!! I expressed my genuine appreciation to him several times for his efforts on this forum and can assure everybody that we are in very safe hands.

Alex and Conseula. How can I adequately describe Alex. He is a true Gentleman in every sense of the word. He is kind, considerate and gentle and it was always such a pleisure to be in his company. His Command of English is perfect and I have yet to meet a nicer guy. Conseula was a perfect partner and soon recovered from her unfortunate bout of llness. I do hope we can meet up with them again in Plakias.

John R

Hope you two enjoyed your holiday as much as Chris and I did and I hope we can share a glass of wine and a few glasses of Raki again soon!  I may be calling on you to visit Keswick market soon as I have already nearly gone through my supply of pasta/rice I bought in Plak Market.  My Lamb Youvetsi needs a bit of work but I am getting the hang of it!

Love to you and the lovely Gillian.

Hi all

Would just like to say it was lovely to meet Alex (didn't meet Conseula, hope the bug didn't ruin her holiday)
Chris & Mandy and Paul & Margerita all such lovely people even though we didn't really spend much time with you all. We were sad as always to be leaving Plakias & all our friends & like Mandy said it's hard to believe 2 weeks ago we were all in the sunshine. Will be back next June unless of course that lottery win, have always fancied a Christmas in Plakias!

Hope to keep speaking to you all through the winter

Rowena
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:25:26 PM by Rowena & Carl »

Offline John R

  • Regulars
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 867
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
I may be calling on you to visit Keswick market soon as I have already nearly gone through my supply of pasta/rice I bought in Plak Market.

No Problem

I think the Greek produce stall in Carlisle Covered Marked also sells it. Jus let us know !!

John

Offline Alex_Kidd

  • Regulars
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »
For all of you:
Thank you very much... I LOVE U PEOPLE! (VI AMO!)
You are great!  

Er... just a little thing: my girlfriend's name is "Consuelo", and not Consuela!  
It is not a common name, ending with "o", but it's true! and I'm sure she is female!  
(normally names ending with "o" are male ones...)
Anyway, she was quite good the last two days, but it's a pity that she has bad memories about that Saturday evening in Rethymno, because I wanted to have a great evening and I enjoyed very much the food at the Castello taverna. She still cannot look at the picture of the food that I made...  
But now she has recovered, she is 95% ok (that night was 2%)  

For John:
too big words for me, I'm so shamed...  
Thanks, I was pleased to speak with you and Gillian, very nice people!
And you were always smiling to everyone, that's a sublime soul!  

For Chris & Mandy:
thanks for the moments you gave me...
Remembering the days gone, it was like I knew you as friends since many years!
You made me feel happy when I was "alone"! Thanks from the heart, you're wonderful!  
Hey Mandy, I've seen that sign at Paleachora beach... ("No nudism here"), that's great!  

So Chris, I see you have some pics of me, and I have some of you.. look at this one...:
[attachment=417:attachment]
---> next days I will send you a PM, so we can send them each other, if you like it!
I think it would be nice!  

And for Paul, that, as John said, became "older" when we were there, I want say something:
first of all: thank you for your party, and many thanks also to Margherita for speaking some Italian with Consuelo  
Then, I want to say that I was joking when I said you are old!!!  
(don't need to say, but in any case, more words are better than less!)
And also for you, look at this nice pics...  
[attachment=418:attachment]
Happy Birthdaaay Paolinoooo  

bye all,
Alex

Offline Alex_Kidd

  • Regulars
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Back Home
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
i think we are all suffering from post-holidays blues now....  the forum seems a bit slow

so true!