Plakias > Plakias

Fight at the Sunbed corral

<< < (3/3)

teignkall:
I believe Sunvill have acommadation in Paleochra.

Yvonne:
We stayed at Studios George. Although we went independently,  Sunvil do have four studios. I cannot praise them enough.

Bertie:
Yes. Sorry - I know this is a forum for Plakias but I too like Paleochora very much. As previously stated, it appeals to the same types as does Plakias. There are fewer British and more Scandinavians.  The beach is lovely - far end is the same as Plakias - and the town has much more character than Plakias. It's easy to get to by local bus from Chania as long as flight times coincide reasonably. Plenty of accommodation available on Booking.com.
I usually do both on the same trip - 10 to 14 days in each - and take the ferry from Paleochora to Chora Skafion and then taxi to Plakias. The ferry trip is spectacular.
However, having been to both several times my partner and I just cannot state that we prefer one over the other. But I think our main attraction to Plakias is Amoudaki beach so if you don't use Amoudaki I think you may prefer Paleochora.

spottttttt:
Ssh hhh, don't tell everyone! !

Yvonne:
This year we had one week in Plakias followed by one week in Paleochora. Next year, 2 weeks in Plakias. 'Nuff said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version