Plakias > Plakias

Taxis and return to Plakias

(1/4) > >>

Andrew:
Hello fellow lovers of Plakias.
June the 10th is the date of my second visit to the lovely Plakias. On this visit, one day I would like to take a taxi to one of the other bays either side of Plakias for the day. Could anyone advise the best or appropriate method for the return trip? Would I phone a number or is there a rank/telephone box in Souda/Damnoni, or is it best to eat/drink at one of the tavernas and politely ask the staff to phone a taxi for me? My knowledge of the Greek language is near non-existent by the way.

I hope this post is not too trivial; I didn't get any Taxis last year but saw them waiting in the morning at the village seafront car park.

JackieatUrbanAgenda:
Dont be afraid to approach the taxi drivers on the sea front...they nearly all speak English and are extremely helpful. We have used them loads of times and they are good value for money too. Many of them take coffee in the Livikon Hotel so you can always check there too. For example, I wanted to go and see the new solar panels at Assomatos.....Georgia from the Livikon explained this to one of the drivers who was amazing - taking me up to the site and to various other installations (I work in low carbon energy issues in the UK). Getting a taxi to the beaches, to Mirthios, Sellia, Rethymnon, Spilli or Prevelli is not a problem. And there's always the taxi office of Taxis 4 U who are also helpful......and Takis Milonakis....one of the drivers I am friends with on Facebook. Give it a go and dont lose out by being shy ! Enjoy !

FionaCW:
Agree with Jackie, the drivers in Plakias are really helpful.  We've taken taxis to the beach at Souda and arranged a time for him to come back and collect us from the tavern at the end of the road.  Sometimes its a different driver who comes back for you but they never let you down and you're on holiday so if they are a little late it isn't really a problem.  Take their phone no. with you and if change your mind or if you've finished your Mythos and fancy another one while waiting, just let them know.  We also use them to get up to the Vrissi restaurant and again, no problem with giving them a time to collect you or calling them.  Theirs is the first Plakias friendly face we see when getting picked up at the airport !

Andrew:
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I could get a taxi from the sea front. Then after a day at the beach, I could visit one of the tavernas and phone a taxi when ready. As I wouldn't know in the morning when I'd want to return later that day. I must check out where Taxis 4 U are?

Additionally, would the taxis drive to Ammoudaki or is it best to stop at Damnoni and walk around the cliff road/pass?

JackieatUrbanAgenda:
It's up to you.....simply tell them where you want to go. You could go to Damnoni and then walk or they could drop you off at the beach. The only problem would be getting the taxi back if there is nowhere to ring from...but I have often found the mobile signals are better in Crete than they are here (and I live in the middle of a city !). Most of the tavernas will be able to ring a taxi for you....you just need to make sure you're near one as some of the beaches are just that........nothing but sand, cliffs and sea.....and sunshine....and relaxation....and...and. Hope you enjoy it however you get there. When you get to Plakias just ask where Taxis 4 U are based. I cant quite remember but it is down one of the side streets and they speak good English too. Enjoy.x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version