Plakias > PlakChat

What is it like in Plakias in November?

(1/2) > >>

Richard:
I am currently off work, while I recuperate from a long-term illness, and am considering spending a few days in Plakias since I have the opportunity.

I'd very much appreciate any thoughts based on personal experience. I can check the likely weather on Google, but I am thinking more about the general 'feel', compared to May or September when I usually visit, for example which tavernas may be open, how busy is it (quiet I'd guess, but I don't know), and any other comments really.

I've been travelling to Plakias for over 20 years - yes, I know, some of you will think that I'm a mere newcomer :) - and I suppose I am just trying to avoid being disappointed for the first time.

Many thanks, Richard

mickydripping:
I,m coming out for 10 days on wed, I expect it be be quiet, some places will have closed and some will be closing. don't expect sun beds on the beach, very laid back but library ect still open. Will post after arrival

Richard:
Many thanks!

ostraco:
It was a few years ago, but I enjoyed a holiday in Plakias in early November. The place is very different - quiet and peaceful. There were a few supermarkets open, and several tavernas - including Sifis of course! Ostraco was open, and full of relaxed locals.
Best of all for me, the beach was beautiful - no sunbeds, and I enjoyed a swim every day, as the sea was still warm. It did get a little chilly in the evenings, but that didn't worry me!
I'd say go for it, and you won't be disappointed.

Richard:
Thanks Ostraco - I believe that the sea is actually at its warmest in November!
I don't bother with sunbeds so not a problem. As long as there's somewhere to eat-out if I feel like it, or buy food to eat in, then all is good.

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version