Plakias > Where to stay

Good hotels?

(1/8) > >>

wanderer:
Hi there,
we are planning a trip to Crete in September and would like to have some suggestions of good medium-budget hotels/rooms for two people.

We do not need luxury in the hotel, but would like a good bed and breakfast so to speak...

Voloudakis:
The Gio-Ma on the seafront is good as are the Skinos just outside on the Souda road. Do a search on booking.com and type Plakias and you will get a lot of results. Look here too
http://www.plakias-filoxenia.gr/rentaroom1.htm
On the rocks has a few rooms and in a good position and does breakfast. The Stella studios are good and close to most of the village.
We usually just have Honey and Yoghurt for breakfast with some fruit, then go and grab a coffee or Frappé. Many places do breakfast. I really hope no one starts offering full English.
I find that is where the rot starts. Opinionated, me? never  ;)
I am sure the regulars on the forum can help you with more recommendations.
Welcome to the Forums.
Sent from my Nexus 7

Mike from Sussex:

--- Quote from: wanderer on June 20, 2013, 02:08:48 PM ---Hi there,
we are planning a trip to Crete in September and would like to have some suggestions of good medium-budget hotels/rooms for two people.

We do not need luxury in the hotel, but would like a good bed and breakfast so to speak...

--- End quote ---

We havn't been to Plakias in a couple of years, so not wholly up to date, but suggest you look through the reviews under the Articles button, which cover a fair few places.

Have a god holiday.

Hugo V:
Most apartments come with small kitchen facilities (enough to prepare breakfast).  However, we have had breakfasts in the Livicon and in Ostraco and were very happy with the breakfast choices, the quality and the prices.  And they both have beautiful views.

Bertie:
Do you want specifically an hotel? In my opinion you're better off renting a room in the village centre. Unless you choose Alianthos Garden the hotels have little more to offer.
Some rooms have cooking facilities but you're surrounded by cafes, shops and tavernas.
I'd recommend a room at the back of the village because it's quieter but still only on minute's walk to the centre.
I recommend Aphrodite and Stella which both have a very loyal following. Breakfast is provided at both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version