Plakias > Holiday Companies

Reps

(1/3) > >>

ostraco:
I guess I've been spoilt.
I remember Reps like Kelly and Jacinta. They knew the resort, the area, and how to look after their customers.
I can't say I was impressed this year. I saw more of the Olympic rep while she was drunk in the bar (where she rarely bought a drink!) I hear the First Choice rep wasn't much better. Difficult to judge really, as she was also drunk every time I saw her.
Am I just getting old?

John R:
The First Choice rep left half way through our holiday during the 1st two weeks of October and was replaced by an exceptionally good "trouble shooter " class rep - Richard who was exceptional. He was totally tuned in to the type of place and the type of people for Plakias. He was not in trouble shooting mode but that was his calibre. His predecessor, we nicknamed her the Rotweiller, would have scared the wits out of Malia hard types - pinned me to the wall with a lecture on not attending the welcome meeting. I nearly felt guilty till I found out later nobody had attended - not surprised. Then messed up our rooms so that we (nearly) could not keep them for the day for our late flight home. Richard had to sort the mess.

I think reps are useful but they should know how to merge into the background unless needed or unless (as per Richard) welcomed into the social circle. Many folk at Plakias are old hands. We hare newcomers having ony been 5 times !!. We don't need the reps to explain where the beach is.

John R

ostraco:
I couldn't agree more John. Let's hope First Choice have learned their lesson for next year! I did meet the Rotweiller a few times - and once, she was sober.

The Olympic rep was no better - several times she joined us, uninvited, while we were out in the evenings. Neither I, or any of the bar staff I talked too EVER saw her pay for a drink! (and she got through loads!). To be fair to Olympic, who have always been good in the past, I have decided to write to their Customer Services Department with my opinions.

I don't go to Welcome meetings any more: like you, I know where the beach is - and I also know that if I want to do an excursion, I can usually get a better price - or more convenient days/times by looking around at the other options offered in town. Must admit though, I haven't been ticked of for it yet! We know they are not well paid, and supplement their income with commission on excursions, car hire etc.: if they are good, for the sake of a few Euros, I use these services - but I didn't this year.

anna:
I was quite entertained to hear from John that the First Choice Rep left. I do hope it wasn't due to the fact that I made complaint about her to the company. Unfortunately they weren't particularly helpful.
We didn't exactly hit it off from the start- when we asked to be moved we received no help whatsoever- she told us to make the best of it. Both of us are hard-up masters students and we didn't want to have to 'make the most' of the money that we had spent. We were quite annoyed with our allocation at first, especially since were were put in a double bed together (we aren't a couple!), and so many other  couples in the resort wanted one but had been given singles. It seemed a little ill-considered.
She did however bend over backwards to help an older couple who had a similar problem. We felt she was thoroughly unprofessional in the remarks that she made  to us and obviously thought that we would accept a lower standard of service because we were a little younger than most people.
I only encountered the olympic rep once. This was when I bumped into her in the bathroom at Ostraco on my last night there. She was rather drunk and asked me for assistance to help her clean herself up as she had been sick. I ran away quite quickly!
First choice has said they will put my remarks on file, but I don't think it got me anywhere, it was really good to get it off my chest though!

Barny:
I think after all these years we dont need "reps" do we people ?

Did Jacinta marry Manoliss the train driver in the end?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version