Author Topic: Sun Beds  (Read 55397 times)

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Sun Beds
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
Chill out indeed!  I remember the days when there were no beds on any of the beaches in and around Plakias and we all survived.  Much better if you ask me.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:20:27 AM by ian s »

Offline John Gloucester

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
My wife and I  also used to like putting our towels on the sand when we were younger, unfortunately we have reached the age where a little more comfort is required. In my case it is something my back reminds me of every day, I know if the beds are full at the Far End we can always get a Sun Bed at Souda but Plakias Far end is my humble opinion a much nicer and more friendly beach, so as I and others have said in earlier posting, if the position regarding the number of Sun Beds at the Far End remains the same as last year and this year, we will be looking for and alternative destination for our September holiday in 2013.

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »
Thanks for the clarification John - my other half's back isn't too good either so we'll have to give the sand a try and then decide. Sorry to hear you might be looking for another resort - lets hope things get sorted out for everyone
Nora x

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
Rogataber,
                 You are 100% correct none of us know which group (clothed or un-clothed ) of regular visitors bring the greatest amont of cash to Plakias. One thing is certain, Plakias Business owners need both, The beach is large enough for both, we naturists only use a small percentage of the beach, all I am asking is please provide enough Sun Beds at the Far End for the naturists, especially when it appears there are far more Sun Beds provided for the clothed visitors than are actually needed, as my wife and I have never seen them full on any other section of the beach.

The problem of the shortage of Sun Beds at the Far End did not exist until last year, whatever the reason regarding the licencing for the number of Sun Beds on this section of the beach, it needs to be sorted out before a significant number of regular September naturist visitors start going elsewhere!
I completely agree with these sentiments as they seem self evident.

Mike

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »

The problem of the shortage of Sun Beds at the Far End did not exist until last year, whatever the reason regarding the licencing for the number of Sun Beds on this section of the beach, it needs to be sorted out before a significant number of regular September naturist visitors start going elsewhere!

We already have and will not be returning unless the situation changes.

Offline Mark12345

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
Good News People.
I'm in Plakias and have spent most of the time on the far end without too much trouble getting a bed.
The good news is that there are more beds this year compared to 2012. There is and extra rows of beds which makes it 3 as it used to be. I counted them all today and there are 41 umbrellas (2 beds) and many more beds under the trees. Agrostoli the guy running the beds is trying very hard this year to make up for last year.
Even Palegremnos has and extra 2 row of beds. But I have to say they are still very close to the beach bar so I'm guessing no nudes allowed on those.
As always the far end is busy. All the beds where taken today but it's change over day tomorrow Tuesday so ..... In with the old in with the new ha.
Hopefully those who are coming out shortly your holiday should be as good as usual.
Ps It's very windy here. And it's chilly at night . Bring a jumper or light over coat/jacket
HAPPY HOLIDAYS PEEPS :-)

Offline John Gloucester

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
Mark12345

Thank you for the update on the Sun Beds, let all us naturists hope the comments on this forum have made someone in authority see common sense and allowed the operator of the Sun Beds to provide sufficent to meet demand, thus ensuring regular visitors are happy and go on returning year after year.

Only 10 days before we arrive and little happier that it seems we will get a Sun Bed without having to arrive at the Far End before dawn and more importantly we won't have to look elsewhere for our September holiday next year.

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »
I do hope your right, we arrive on 14th Sept, if its as bad as people are predicting we wont be returning, we''ll go to Paleochora instead,

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »
Do you think people in authority read this? And will two people be missed if they don't come back? This is Plakias,there is only one, enjoy it as it is!

Barny.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:05:14 AM by Barny »
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »
Last time I was in Paleochora there were only a few sunbeds (20 max??) and some tatty threadbare parasols - a great alternative to Plakias though - just hard to get to now Kosmar is no more - if you rely on tour operators as we do/have to.We were well sandblasted in June last time we were there. They are both lovely and I will hopefully return to Paleochora one day whatever the sunbed situation. And yes - who in "authority" is reading this??? I haven't notice a response! Any takers anyone?

Offline John Gloucester

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »
Have just heard from a friend in Plakias to-day that with the influx of visitors who arrived yesterday that the beach is very busy and all the Sun Beds were gone by 9.30 this morning, leaving very many people upset and annoyed. Barney you may be correct that 2 people won't be missed however as I always told my staff ONE DISSATISFIED customer will tell more people about their dissatisaction, than 10 Satisfied will tell people of their satisfaction.

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
Just for the record there were many more than 20 beds when I was in Paleochora in July this year and none of the parosoles was tatty. In fact, as an alternative to Plakias, I think it's an excellent choice. Beautifully kept beach with plenty of beds available at the "far end". The rest of the beach also is much better than the rest of Plakias beach.
Now that easyJet flies to Chania it's easy to get to. Taxi to the bus station (this is the only annoying bit) and then bus to Pal.
Incidentally, Sunvil still does packages to Pal.
Sorry to use this site to promote Pal. I still love Plakias just as much.

Offline soki

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
Going to Plakias 13.Oct. are there still sun beds in the fare end?

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
Last year they were gathered in about 20th. Oct...but it took several days...no urgency!

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
Taxi to the bus station (this is the only annoying bit)
There is a bus service which takes you from the airport directly to the bus station in Chania - unlike the service in Heraklion.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος