1 (12.5%)
Good
0 (0%)
Average
0 (0%)
Poor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Do you like the new forums?  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Do you like the new forums?
« on: July 08, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »
Hi Andy,

Looks pretty groovy so far! Did you mention the little pop-up profile cards that you can get by clicking the card button on posts? Maybe it was there and I just didn't see it!

Good stuff.

Cheers,
Paul

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 06:57:56 PM »
Lots to look at Andy - I've only really used the basic stuff even on the old forums but I will experiment a bit more. I'm sure it's all good stuff though - well done!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 07:31:53 AM by Graham_and_Karen »

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Haven't had a chance to give a real road test yet but I will over the weekend. Looks good so far!  

Susan

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 10:43:24 PM »
It is looking very good. Like some I tend only to use basic stuff but I'm tempted now to delve a bit deeper should I have anything interesting. I have a lot of photos etc. but am going to think a bit before overloading the system as I accidently did once before. Nice to know we can remove our attachments should we slip up technically etc. It is superb that Andy (and Ostraco) trust us with so mchh forum freedom - I can visualise the nightmares if we had a lot of cowboys around here. I am a moderator on an international musical (flute) discussion list and we occasionally have nightmares due to the freedom we give our 2000+ members. Thankfully the people here tend to reflect the the nature of Plakias, the reason for the forum.

John R

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 10:54:10 PM »
You make some valid points John. We talked about this, and as the board, in one form or another, has been running for several years without a problem, then we hope everyone will make the most of the freedom.
Of course, we will keep an eye on server space etc., and may have to do some 'pruning' in the future - but until then, share away!
John - Ostraco

Offline martyn

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 06:28:02 AM »
I reckon so far so very good. One of the best we've seen:)

Martyn & Svetlana

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 12:28:46 PM »
I don't know if I'm missing something but I've noticed that the highlighting of the symbols on the left (signifying that you haven't read that forum/topic) disappears pretty fast now.  Before the upgrade these would stay highlighted until you clicked on (and read) them.  Now it's not so easy keeping track of new material that has been posted.   :'(    

I do like that additional information now appearing below the name of those posting messages.  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 12:19:46 PM »
You'll have to excuse me, Andy:  I'm a complete computer ignoramus so I'll answer as best as I can.  The browser I'm using is msn, and the operating system is ntl world.  Does that make sense?

The other thing that I've noticed today is the exact opposite of what I've already described: the symbol is highlighted indicating new posts but when I've gone in, there is no new material at all!  The mystery deepens.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 06:13:42 PM »
I've got Windows XP, Andy.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 01:29:45 PM »
Andy,

Re the 2nd para. of my last post but one (I can't get the hang of this Quote thing):

I think that I know why I'm going into topics showing new posts when in fact there are none.  This, in fact, only applies to Polls.  I've just been looking at the legend panel at the bottom, and noticed that the colour shade for Poll (New) and Poll (No New) is the same.  So it would appear that the remedy for this particular hitch would be to make Poll (No New) a whiter shade of pa...  sorry!  A paler shade of green.  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος