login

Author Topic: Weddings  (Read 3196 times)

Offline jackieyoung

• View Profile
    • Email
Weddings
« on: July 21, 2003, 09:47:19 PM »
 Hi, All together now.....'Aaahhhhh'. Does anyone know how we might go about arranging a wedding in or around Plakias ? I know it used to be possible to get married in Aghia Galini in a civil service as the Mayor was English but I've not seen anything since.........and, yes, before you ask, we are thinking of tying the knot there...where better ?

Jackie, Plymouth

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Weddings
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 09:00:51 AM »
Hi Jackie

Many congratulations and what a lovely idea. I would suggest talking to Adonis at Anso travel as he will know whether it's possible or not and would more than likely be able to arrange everything for you. Not sure how to add the link from here (how do you do that?) but the address is ansotravel.com

When are you planning on getting married?

Best wishes

Susan  

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Weddings
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 09:33:14 AM »
I married Valerie in Agia Galini in 1997.  The organiser was Margaret Kotzanaki who is English and married to a Greek local.  They run Zorba’s Bar and the Madame Hortense restaurant overlooking the harbour.
It all went smoothly and Margaret was very helpful in all respects.  We were married by the Mayor at 7pm outdoors near the harbour and, after photographs, went to the restaurant for our wedding 'breakfast'.  The meal was wonderful.  I particularly remember the salad with roquefort dressing.  Mmmm!  We had the best table in the house, centre of the balcony overlooking the harbour while the sun went down.
Margaret organised everything from the ceremony through the flowers to the table decorations for our meal.  All we had to do was enjoy it, which we did!
Here is a link.

Here is a link to Anso Travel and one to their other website.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:57:51 AM by compage »
John Page