login

Author Topic: Forum Time one hour ahead?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Forum Time one hour ahead?
« on: February 27, 2005, 07:09:34 PM »
Is it just me or is the forum time one hour ahead - this was posted at 19:09 (my regional settings are UK,and my time zone is GMT with the 'adjust for daylight saving box ticked).

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »
Is it just me or is the forum time one hour ahead - this was posted at 19:09 (my regional settings are UK,and my time zone is GMT with the 'adjust for daylight saving box ticked).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2874\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Graham,

Daylight saving shouldn't be ticked should it? Not for another month. Unfortunately it is not something the board software does automatically.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 09:22:10 PM »
Graham,

I seem to remember something about this from a previous discussion many moons ago. I have now worked out how to correct my settings which were wrong like yours.

The settings you are talking about are in Windows and what you have is correct.

The setting that Ploppy is talking about is in your  profile for this board. If you edit your profile, under Board Settings you will find that there is a time zone setting and a daylight saving time tickbox which was ticked in my profile, but if I untick it it corrects the time. I don't understand why you need to do this.

Greecemad.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:12:14 PM »
Problem solved - Thanks Paul and GreeceMad. As you say, GreeceMad, I don't see why the board has to have this option as just about all PCs will adjust automatically when required.