login

Author Topic: Small Planet flight S5225/6  (Read 2436 times)

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
Small Planet flight S5225/6
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:52:24 PM »
I have just been checking on the punctuality of the above flight from Manchester to Heraklion and return, due out from Manchester at 06:15 this morning. We are due to fly out on the 20th Sep so I tend to check the flights for a few weeks beforehand. The last 3 weeks it as been returning early but today there's no record of it from Manchester or Heraklion, as any one flown today or heard off changes.
Thanks in advance,
Kalloni.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Small Planet flight S5225/6
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »
Yes, sadly just got back. The flight came into Heraklion on time and we were boarded and away on time. Great flight, lovely informative captain. I can't say anything against them, except that they've flown me back to reality, a pile of washing and work tomorrow!

By the way the transfer was 3 hrs 15 mins each way.

Have a lovely holiday when it comes.

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:10:45 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, I hope you have brought plenty of good memories back with you to help through the winter. I checked the flight on the Manchester web site for departure & arrival and it did not show at all, so I went to Heraklion airport and again nothing was listed either way, even flight radar didn't find it.
Your transfer times were not to bad, we usually have similar times to Plakias but the ones back to Heraklion are 4 hours plus.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »
We've only once had a four hour transfer. We've also been lucky enough to be given a taxi both ways when we went late in the season. I've found that the trip back does usually tend to be longer than on arrival. We landed early today back in Manchester. I think they must over estimate the time to avoid having late arrivals and consequent compensation issues. Funny and a bit scary that the flight was absent without a trace! How odd.