Author Topic: Questions and Answers Plakias Forums  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Questions and Answers Plakias Forums
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
Hello all you Plakias lovers.
I have a feeling I am about to be very unpopular.
My observation as a relative newcomer to the Forum and had not visited Plakias since forever (but been close)....is.
There is a lack of answers to questions to Newcomers of the forum, with a few notable exceptions among longer serving members.
I want to thank them for their help.
We can of course search the forums for answers but many topics are old and things have changed.
You are all very friendly but because maybe you have seen it all and a bit fed up with new members questions just log in to check messages and new posts.
Nothing wrong with that, but maybe some of you could help with a little more information?

Things people want to know.
Buses.
Trips.
Boat trips.
Prices of trips.
Where things are.
Prices of loungers and parasols at various beaches.
Where to listen to music (Cretan, Greek and modern).
Have places improved or got worse.
Library.
Some of these have of course been provided, but if you visit and go on a trip please notice what it was like and what you paid.
Hugely useful for everyone. Photographs are useful too, you do not have to upload them to the site as they will use data allowance. upload them to a hosting site like imgur or photobucket, open the image once it is uploaded and copy the address from the address bar. Click on the Mona Lisa icon when writing your new message and paste the copied address into the center (between img] [img ) the image will then appear in your post. Important! do not write text within the img code, just paste the address.

Sorry if I am seeming bossy or ungrateful, I only want to help and I am very grateful for this forum and its Admin and members.
I know oft repeated questions can drive members potty, I get so annoyed on the forums on TripAdvisor at the same questions being repeated for the same places often multiple times on the same day. Makes me want to shout DO A SEARCH BEFORE ASKING OR SCROLL DOWN!
The experts have to have huge patience, I often just put a link to the previous answer and politely ask them to search before posting.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoy your times in Plakias.
J Voloudakis.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:43:28 AM by Lampyland »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Re: Questions and Answers Plakias Forums
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
Hi

Bit of a delay in responding!

It is a good point and I think something we can hope to address.

There is an FAQ section of the forum that I added a long time ago that seems to have got hidden. I have re-added it to the menu at the top next to help.

We can endeavor to add some common questions here.
If there are any willing members to help contribute to this please let me know.

There is also the Articles section which has been neglected.
I think maybe a push to get members to add content and reviews here would be great.

Finally how about a re-organize of the Forum and its categories with a dedicated questions section to make it easier for new members to post questions?

I'll have a think over the coming days and maybe start a new topic for thoughts on a re-organize.

Thanks,

Paul

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »
Paul, Hope you had a great Christmas !  Not sure if you can help or not but one of our best friends is being 'initiated' I to the wonders of Plakias in Sept for my 50th birthday and he was keen to join the Forum. He has tried to register but hasn't heard anything and wasn't sure how to contact anyone. His name is David O'Brien from Plymouth......can you let me know what he needs to do next ? Should he try again ?

Jackie

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
Paul, Hope you had a great Christmas !  Not sure if you can help or not but one of our best friends is being 'initiated' I to the wonders of Plakias in Sept for my 50th birthday and he was keen to join the Forum. He has tried to register but hasn't heard anything and wasn't sure how to contact anyone. His name is David O'Brien from Plymouth......can you let me know what he needs to do next ? Should he try again ?

Jackie

Hi Jackie, had a great Christmas thanks, hope you had a good one too. I don't see any members awaiting approval, can you ask him to try again?

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Will do !.......all for boosting the Forums membership !
J

Offline thetravelor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »
I think its a good idea!