Author Topic: Couple of Skins Added  (Read 7961 times)

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Couple of Skins Added
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 08:26:35 AM »
Ploppy, I've just noticed something about the new link to Forum Home.

If I read a new post and then use the link to go to Forum Home, the indicators on the sub-topics that show whether there are unread posts have not been updated.

Is that behaviour to be expected?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It should behave the same as any other method of returning to the front page i.e via the nav bar near the top of the page, via a favourite or via typing into the address bar. I will tweak the Forum Home link so that it is exactly the same as the nav bar.

Can you try out different methods on your next visit (hard one to test without deleting IE cache files which I don't want to do).

Thanks,
Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2306\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Paul,

I've just tested the new 'Forum home' link at the bottom against the 'Plakias Forums' link at the top and both work the same way.
John Page

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Couple of Skins Added
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 05:54:26 PM »
Thanks Paul, the Portal view is great.  I am a sucker for statistics, too, so I am really getting a great deal out of the forums at the moment.
Yvonne

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Couple of Skins Added
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 10:55:17 AM »
I think the Portal view is great   - any reason why haven't we had this option before? (no criticism, just wondering). What exactly does the right hand pane display - initial posts for recent topics clearly. but is it the last 10 topics to have been started or the last 10 topics based on lastes replies (if the former then a new reply to an old topic wouldn't be picked up).
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Graham,

We did have the portal before, John mentioned it [a href=\"http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=pcfot7jvq1fae0tdmtb26bu9n5&showtopic=195&hl=]here.[/url] I think the link to it at the top of the page disappeared when we upgraded to version 2 of the board software. I will put the link back.

There are a couple of modified portal views being worked on by some talented people out there. They are looking very good. I will look at implementing one after the holiday as it will take quite a bit of work (no easy one click install in this game   )

I think that it is the last 10 topics that were started, I agree this is not ideal, hopefully we can change this in the future.

Cheers,
Paul

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Couple of Skins Added
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 01:13:59 PM »
Paul - let me say - you are doing a GREAT job - many thanks  

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here!  Here!

Noopsy (wading through all the postings in sunny Plakias!    (Day off from the beach.))
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος