Author Topic: FAQ Content  (Read 13446 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 06:28:45 PM »
Hi, how about adding Antonis taverna?
I have been using this place for lunch every year since  i started going, i have a photo i can send and a  good write up on the food/drink there.

Also there is good old Kyma, I have photos of (who dosent)

So what do i do next?

Barny.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Barny,

I have added it, you can now add a comment about it by clicking  [a href=\"http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=or4tvrrjb28vm6s2t2n4qb6a02&act=faq&comment=10]here.[/url]

Please send me the photo and I can put it on my website and link to it for you.

Also if you want to write a general description i.e no bias or personal opinion, please feel free. I can add it in to the articel. Plus if you know the owners name I can put that in.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S Feel free to send me piccies of any other tavernas (or accommodation) that you have.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 10:32:55 PM »
i think i've got the hang of it!

how do you add a rating Paul?

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 01:21:23 PM »
Other tavernas mentioned in posts are Sirrocco, Gallini, Christos, amd Mousses, although just to confuse matters some of these are entered under alternative spellings.

Mike

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 02:37:40 PM »
i think i've got the hang of it!

how do you add a rating Paul?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just above the article title to the right are the links to e-mail, print or rate the article.

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 02:39:35 PM »
Other tavernas mentioned in posts are Sirrocco, Gallini, Christos, amd Mousses, although just to confuse matters some of these are entered under alternative spellings.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Mike,

Yes, we need to get the definitive spellings on some of these. I added these ones mentioned last night, apart from Gallini which I will do now.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »
good stuff

how about the plakias bay hotel for the list

and i think i read in another post the peligramnos has changed it's name to plakias beach (i can confirm this next month)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3199\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Harribobs
That was me I was checking out the Plakias Beach that sheenah asked about and the pictures on the website she mentioned definately showed the Peligremnos.
Would be interested to know if they have changed the name! or that there is a mistake on that website.
george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can confirm the paligremnos is still the paligremnos  

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 01:29:49 PM »
Hi Admin
Unfortunately you are going to get bombarded with everyones favourites, but I guess that is what the FAQ file is all about.

How about listing:
1. Irida apartments
2. Santa Maria apartments
3. Lamon apartments/taverna

I've got pics of 1 and 2 if you need them.

Keep up the good work, I think you deserve a holiday!

george g...

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
FAQ Content
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 11:58:35 AM »
Hi Admin
Unfortunately you are going to get bombarded with everyones favourites, but I guess that is what the FAQ file is all about.

How about listing:
1. Irida apartments
2. Santa Maria apartments
3. Lamon apartments/taverna

I've got pics of 1 and 2 if you need them.

Keep up the good work, I think you deserve a holiday!

george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kalispera Admin,
Just to get the list complete: Hotel Livikon?? One of the oldest accomodations in Plakias. We stayed there 3 nights, end of May 2005 I would rate it 3 stars. (Fridge and AC OK, but missed the famous elec. kettle, perhaps we should have asked for) Shifted later to Paligremnos 5 nights which we would confirm 4 star rating.

NB Highly appreciate your great job done on this site.
Is there an interest to include a Plakias photosite to the forum. I am sure a lot of members like to show their photo impressions of Plakias?
Regards
Beachcombers

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 03:02:55 PM »
Kalispera Admin,
Just to get the list complete: Hotel Livikon?? One of the oldest accomodations in Plakias. We stayed there 3 nights, end of May 2005 I would rate it 3 stars. (Fridge and AC OK, but missed the famous elec. kettle, perhaps we should have asked for) ]

I think Livikon should also be included in the Bar section. Very popular with many (when we go) late Sept / early Oct.

I second the appreciation of the excellent forum management efforts. I'm sure everybody feels exactly the same. Even when it is very quiet  it is still appreciated - no news is usually good news.

John R

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »
All added now, keep 'em coming  

Cheers,

Paul

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
FAQ Content
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 09:13:01 AM »
All added now, keep 'em coming   

Cheers,

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3843\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Admin,
Just a remark:
As lazy as I am I was frequently visiting the forum as "guest" noth bothering to log in and could not find the "Accommodations" and "Tavernas" in the FAQ/review section. Now I found out that these 2 sections are only visible when logged in. Perhaps an overlooked minor flaw? I do not bother as long as we know.
Will Livikon and Paligremnos be shown in the Bars and Tavernas sections as earlier suggested other members?
Regards
Beachcombers

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 10:14:08 AM »
Hi Admin,
Just a remark:
As lazy as I am I was frequently visiting the forum as "guest" noth bothering to log in and could not find the "Accommodations" and "Tavernas" in the FAQ/review section. Now I found out that these 2 sections are only visible when logged in. Perhaps an overlooked minor flaw? I do not bother as long as we know.
Will Livikon and Paligremnos be shown in the Bars and Tavernas sections as earlier suggested other members?
Regards
Beachcombers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a bit of inconsistency on my part, should now be able to view Accommodation and Tavernas as a guest although you will need to be logged in to add a comment or rating.

Livikon is now in Accom & bar, so they should be in Taverna as well? Paligremnos is now in Bar, Acc & Tav.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
FAQ Content
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 12:06:49 PM »
Hi Admin,
Just a remark:
Regards
Beachcombers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a bit of inconsistency on my part, should now be able to view Accommodation and Tavernas as a guest although you will need to be logged in to add a comment or rating.

Livikon is now in Accom & bar, so they should be in Taverna as well? Paligremnos is now in Bar, Acc & Tav.

Paul,
I personally donot think Livikon is a taverna, more a lounge bar with a nice view across the bay.
For website information / contacts of the various accomodations, you might consider a link with www.plakias-filoxenia.gr This site (rooms to let) gives (in my opinion) info of all the Plakias accomodations except Livikon. Saves you a lot of work in case it is your intention to fill in all the information fields of each accommodation.
Regards
Beachcombers

Cheers,

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3847\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 12:10:31 PM »

Cheers,

Paul

Not sure whether I would class Livikon as a Taverna. They certainly cook breakfasts and light lunches etc but don't serve meals as such in the evening.  Not complaining about them - they are wonderful - just not sure whether they can be compared with a true taverna. Bar - yes, Hotel (rooms) yes, Taverna ??

John R

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
FAQ Content
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 01:21:30 PM »
Hi Admin
There is a 'Plakias' on the accomadation FAQ file. Is that the 'Plakias Bay' at the far end??
george g...