To Giama
Submitted By: Mike from Sussex Date: September 22, 2006, 03:24:39 PM Views: 1235

Located on the left, West of the port, just past the Christos taverna.

Ate here twice in September 2006.

Had the “large fish for two” meal â€" carafe of white, Greek salad and a couple of sea bream - €24. Large describes it, the fish must have weighed about a pound each and grilled to perfection. We liked it so much we had the exactly the same next time.

Rating: This article has not been rated yet.
Comments
Voloudakis

View Profile Email
July 16, 2012, 06:18:22 PM
Loved the position and friendliness of all the staff.
They remembered my OH's name and welcomed her warmly.
Fish was great value and well cooked.
Wish we had ordered a couple of starters and a side dish because the fish only arrived with a few black eyed beans and some salad.
Fish portions were a good size however.
Lovely spot to watch the sea and the sunset.
Mike from Sussex
Regulars

View Profile Email
October 10, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
Their fish meals for two are still very good value – bread, salad, wine and two large fish for Euro 25.90. Visited twice this year.
greekblue

View Profile Email
September 22, 2008, 05:16:56 PM
We ate here only once during our stay in Sept. 2008 and wasn't impressed. I had a taramasalata to start which was extremely salty with a strong vinegry taste making it almost inedible. The main course of mixed fried fish was ok but nothing special. My wife had the swordfish which she enjoyed.
cottampat

View Profile WWW Email
September 19, 2007, 10:28:11 PM
We ate at the Gioma in September 2007 and thought the set meal is excellent value for money.  For 24 euros for two persons, you get a large greek salad and bread, two grilled fish each and half a litre of wine.  Its location on the seafront means you get a great view over the bay.
Noopsy
Sponsors

View Profile Email
August 17, 2007, 03:53:47 PM
My impression of Gio-Ma when I ate there was generally favourable.

I started with a tomato salad which was very nice, and was served with a spoon (so you could scoop up all the remaining juices and olive oil and vinegar!).

For my main dish I had an "Exochico" which was lamb from the oven with tomatos, potatos and feta cheese.  It came in a pouch of greaseproof paper and foil, and was delicious.  I washed it down with a Mythos.

For dessert I had a "MIX" ice-cream.

From where I sat I could see the kitchen (they had nothing to hide).  For most of the time the service was very good, and only failed at the very end when it came to furnishing the bill: I waited for at least 1/2 hr. before my patience finally ran out, and I called someone over.  The bill arrived with a raki, and came to €16.
Rowena & Carl
Regulars

MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
August 09, 2007, 08:11:13 PM
Gio-ma is one of Carl's favourites as they do a steak in wine sauce which he says is wonderful. I am a fish eating veggie so haven't tryed it. I did though this year have a set menu mixed fish dish, with a greek salad and 1/2 litre wine for 10 euro's which was lovely & very good value. The owners are lovely and we go to see Flivo their dog as he's minature version of own Dobermann.

Rowena & Carl
Lut Azijn

View Profile WWW Email
August 07, 2007, 08:32:39 AM
Gio-Ma is our favourite too. The fish is exquisite and the service friendly and correct. Prices are good too. My brother Dirk stayed in one of their flats this summer and he was very satisfied with the accommodation also.

Lut
Stuart & Hilary

View Profile Email
December 31, 2006, 12:09:49 PM
The Geoma has been our favourite eating place over the last ten years.
The food is consistently good and the sunsets over Souda Bay spectacular. There are also good rooms and apartments connected to this taverna.

Stuart & Hilary