Author Topic: Advice  (Read 13299 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Advice
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59:39 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
Quote from: Mike G
I don't understand Chris' (Harribobs) comment about check in segregation. On my Monarch flight in May there were people on the flight from several tour operators as well as many independents. Everyone had the same check in (at Gatwick and Heraklion) and (mediocre) level of comfort on the plane. How else would it be?

Mike

for the last couple of years, the tour reps were making people queue outside the airport building, what i am saying is that as i am traveling independently, i will go to the check in desk when it opens not when an Olympic rep decides i can

obviously we will be sharing the same departure lounge and aircraft afterwards
chris
Hmm ... last year we went independent but still queued outside with everyone else. Just because they're outside doesn't mean they're not in the queue. I know sometimes the queuing system is perverse but the system is trying to make the best of a bad lot. We don't like queuing more than anyone else but find that disengaging brain while shuffling behind the people in front involves little stress. Mind you, that's with us getting there early and being near the front anyway. Maybe if we were late we'd take a different view. Over the years we've had some miserable times at Heraklion and with the transfer but, thankfully it's forgotten by the time we're through the gorge.