Author Topic: Stella Studios Query  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »
We've reserved rooms at Stella's for 2008 for us and our friends.
Markos has explained that he is just about full so we will need to switch rooms.
I think we are ok - with studio 4 for 1 week, then studio 5 but when I later wanted a studio for our friends, he said he had
free rooms [ with double bed air condision and freegze ] behaind .       If you  wond to stay 6 days and after your friends take a studio dowstairs for the next  days.

I'm not familiar with the studios - are the back rooms proper studios with balconies and are the downstairs studios ok. Much as we like Stella's, I wouldn't want our friends to feel they'd got worse accommodation.

Enlightenment appreciated

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:41 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
We've reserved rooms at Stella's for 2008 for us and our friends.
Markos has explained that he is just about full so we will need to switch rooms.
I think we are ok - with studio 4 for 1 week, then studio 5 but when I later wanted a studio for our friends, he said he had
free rooms [ with double bed air condision and freegze ] behaind .       If you  wond to stay 6 days and after your friends take a studio dowstairs for the next  days.

I'm not familiar with the studios - are the back rooms proper studios with balconies and are the downstairs studios ok. Much as we like Stella's, I wouldn't want our friends to feel they'd got worse accommodation.

Enlightenment appreciated

The back rooms have not been upgraded to include full self catering equipment (ie no cooking rings, kitchen sink, kitchen cupboards, cutlery, kettle etc) which have been very tastefully incorporated into the front rooms. The view from the back rooms is out on to the road which is rather close. It is not strictly a through road (can be done) and passing traffic can disturb somewhat. So they are definitely inferior to the front rooms. They do have balconies but not that much of an outlook. However if you are not doing any self catering then there is not a lot of difference.

Room 5 is nice - being an end room which means the balcony view is enhanced by the superb view up to Selia as well as the sea view. Room 4 is just as good but not an end room.

If I wanted to be together with my friends (breakfast etc) then I think I would be happy with the back rooms

Though to your slight disadvantage it is nice to see them filling up after being in dire straits after First Choice pulled out and then making a go of it by upgrading (from an already adequate standard) and giving an even better service than they used to do.

John R
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:45:22 PM by John R »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:55:10 PM »
Thanks for the information John.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »

As you probably know whichever room you get you can guarantee it will be super clean.
 regards Alex
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »
Quote from: Alex&fran G

As you probably know whichever room you get you can guarantee it will be super clean.
 regards Alex
Yes - for us there was never any doubt about staying at Stella's whatever room we had but as we're booking for friends as well I wanted double check a few things. In 2005 we stayed at the Appollon  but although it has the  advantage of having a pool, Stella's has a much nicer feel to it and is quieter at night.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »

regards Alex
Yes - for us there was never any doubt about staying at Stella's whatever room we had but as we're booking for friends as well I wanted double check a few things. In 2005 we stayed at the Appollon  but although it has the  advantage of having a pool, Stella's has a much nicer feel to it and is quieter at night.
I must have had too much raki when I booked at the start of September, I booked my flight for what I thought was the 3rd of June and booked my leave from work to match, lucky I kept my email copy and after checking it last night I noticed I had booked for the 10th of june and I had also paid it in full (I thought I had paid a minimum deposit) lucky enough Marcas is ok with the 10th and I managed to change my work dates,   Alex

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 08:55:44 AM »

regards Alex
I must have had too much raki when I booked at the start of September, I booked my flight for what I thought was the 3rd of June and booked my leave from work to match, lucky I kept my email copy and after checking it last night I noticed I had booked for the 10th of june and I had also paid it in full (I thought I had paid a minimum deposit) lucky enough Marcas is ok with the 10th and I managed to change my work dates,   Alex

LIVE EACH DAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, FOR ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT...........

This could be sooner rather than later looking at your avatar!!!!!!!!!!    

Peter&Dawn

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11:39 PM »

I found that on the FlyThomasCook website it was easy to book the wrong week. We specified 9th Sept. to fly out but the booking page also presents a flight for 2nd Sept. If that had been cheaper I' might have snapped it up without re-checking the date. I find it all to easy to click on the [Pay Now] button thinking I've checked all the details. Last year I booked to fly with Mr Karen Dalby  and got stung for a £10.50 credit card charge when I could have just as easily used a debit card

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:14:16 AM »

I found that on the FlyThomasCook website it was easy to book the wrong week. We specified 9th Sept. to fly out but the booking page also presents a flight for 2nd Sept. If that had been cheaper I' might have snapped it up without re-checking the date. I find it all to easy to click on the [Pay Now] button thinking I've checked all the details. Last year I booked to fly with Mr Karen Dalby  and got stung for a £10.50 credit card charge when I could have just as easily used a debit card
Hi Graham & Karen, Thank you for your reply I dont feel quite as daft now . Regards   Alex  

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »
Hi Graham & Karen, Thank you for your reply I dont feel quite as daft now . Regards   Alex  

I also screwed up an internet booking of a flight this year. I booked with Olympic Airlines on a flight from Manchester to Athens on Saturday 18th August (departing at about 10.30 pm). I had to book a connecting flight from Athens to Paros separately and silly me booked this flight for the same date (at about 6.30 am). Luckily Olympic Airlines didn't charge me anything to correct the date of the flight to Paros. However, since it had to be changed to Sunday the flight was about 9.00 am instead. Then it was delayed by an hour, so it would have been almost as quick to go by ferry and I would have saved a few pounds.    

Greecemad

Offline Regulars since 1992

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Stella Studios Query
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »
Ditto all the excellent reports about Stella's above. Stella, Yannis and Markos could not be more helpful and we see them as friends these days more than hosts. We couldn't agree more with what has already been said about the quality of the accomodation and its cleanliness and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Plakias if at all possible. Already booked to head back there next September, something like our 14th (?) visit.

We do go elsewhere at other times of the year as independent travel is one of our passions, but the autumn without a return visit to Stella's just seems wrong!