Plakias > Holiday Companies

Olympic 2018

(1/3) > >>

TonyH:
Having had to miss our Plakias fix last year,  (due to a tour around Italy)  We have rectified this for 2018.  The special offers from Olympic can be quite good.  So we will return in September flying from Manchester as Olympic seem to have a problem with LBA.  Also new for this year is yet another airline, Air France are the carrier for some flights to Heraklion.  Will be different, possibly moules and frites?? on board. well I can live in hope.
Looking forward to meeting old friends and seeing what is new.

Yammas

Tony

JBMouse:
Olympic did their '12 islands of Christmas' again this year, so, not wanting to disappoint them, I shook their hand before they sobered up and clinched a great deal to KC for 10 days in October again!
We will be off to Finikounda in the Peloponese in June for the firat time, but will be on the lookout for a bargain deal to Plakias any other time.
Can't wait to get back to Greece, and Plakias especially.

Noopsy:

--- Quote from: TonyH on January 22, 2018, 01:47:15 PM --- Also new for this year is yet another airline, Air France are the carrier for some flights to Heraklion.  Will be different, possibly moules and frites?? on board. well I can live in hope.

Yammas

Tony

--- End quote ---

Ooooooooo!  Are they flying from Heathrow by any chance?

Noopsy

Arnaki:
It isn't Air France - it is a charter company ASL France.  My daughter flew with them last year from Manchester to Plakias with no concerns. 

Mike G:

--- Quote from: JBMouse on January 22, 2018, 07:07:16 PM ---Olympic did their '12 islands of Christmas' again this year, so, not wanting to disappoint them, I shook their hand before they sobered up and clinched a great deal to KC for 10 days in October again!
We will be off to Finikounda in the Peloponese in June for the firat time, but will be on the lookout for a bargain deal to Plakias any other time.
Can't wait to get back to Greece, and Plakias especially.

--- End quote ---
I too took advantage of the seasonal offers and booked on Christmas Day. For many years Olympic's Gatwick to Heraklion charter has been on a Tuesday, leaving at around 9am. This year it is a Sat leaving after 3pm (and returning after midnight). Whereas previously I have been in Plakias in either the middle two weeks of May or the last two, I found that the first date that the charter ran was June 2.

Out of curiosity yesterday I checked  to see if the dates had been extended but could find no Olympic charter flights from LGW. On inquiring I was told that they had all sold out as they have had several group bookings.

While only the charter flights come with a transfer, they do offer transfers at extra cost for all the other flights. These are at minimal cost for north coast resorts near Heraklion, but for Plakias they offer a taxi at well over £100 per journey.

Unless Olympic put on extra charter flights a lot of customers wanting to come from LGW will be disappointed.

One good piece of news is that Olympic has increased the "free" luggage allowance to 20 kg on the charter flights, presumably because most, if not all, of the other carriers they use offer 20 kg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version